Open Web Collective is an early-stage blockchain venture fund and accelerator. By bringing together capital and seasoned advisors, OWC helps founders de-risk, accelerate, and advance Web 3.0. During the three-month long program, our promising pre-seed and seed stage startups work with leading investors and corporate partners to validate and invalidate business ideas, build products, define and grow KPIs, develop product-market fit, and fundraise.
Our network consists of closely aligned teams, products, and organizations. We’re committed to building the open web: a transformed, decentralized digital world in which each creator and community benefits, not just a few companies. We believe that blockchain technology is a major piece of that transformation, and we work together to connect builders with mentors, solutions, capital—and each other.
It’s not just about providing capital; it’s about scaling venture solutions by providing value-added support, piloting, and partnership opportunities to startups in our portfolio and pipeline. For early-stage companies, we focus on business fundamentals, management, and product-market fit. For later-stage companies, it’s all about growth, expansion, and deepening impact.
The Director, Founder Lab provides strategic guidance and leadership to our venture building services. The Director, Founder Lab is the leader for the venture building support and resources globally and has a deep understanding of technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Global Head of Programs:
- Help outline a strategy, develop priorities, and measure and report on the impact of our programs
- Work with our partners to help with the delivery plan and execution of programs
- Overseeing identification and recruitment of experienced founders and program staff
- Develop playbooks and resources for program use
- Develop strategies to sustainably scale the program
- Keep track of program data and batch information
- Cultivate a culture of empathy and inclusion
- Grow the network of mentors, service providers, subject-matter experts, and program partners
- Actively participate and represent OWC in the ecosystem by attending events and building relationships
- Listen, gather, and share community's feedback and opinions with the team to track community sentiment and provide actionable reports and recommendations
- Drive community engagement by supporting the marketing team in planning and executing social events and resources for OWC community
Alumni and Portfolio Support:
- Consult and support portfolio companies as needed (ex. exploring new business models, incentive design, fundraising, hiring, introductions to corporates)
- Identifying emerging needs and opportunities faced by our portfolio companies and alumni and developing plans to address them
Collaborate with the Investment Team:
- Help the investment team to proactively identify and assess various grants and investment opportunities
- 6+ years in a fast-paced environments within technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- You have some knowledge of or experience in the blockchain/Web3 ecosystem and/or collaborating with the open-source developer community.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn and teach
- Enjoy working with a global community and a fully remote team
- You have founded and led a company or two in the past as the CEO.