NEAR Foundation is hiring an Engineering Manager for Growth Labs. We are looking for a productive, meticulous, and empathetic leader who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable with challenging technical problems, and most importantly shares our goal to iterate, test, and kill hundreds of products quickly to find the few capable of mainstream market adoption.
As the first technical hire, you will build smart contracts while incorporating deliverables from external agencies into your work, and filling out a technical team of your own. This position requires communication with a large number of external development agencies, leaders of NEAR teams as well as external open-source communities.
About the Growth Labs
Growth Labs is building a service based tool system on NEAR. Enabling any company building on NEAR to expand their real world user’s based on interests - inferred from on-chain actions in the ecosystem.
In pursuit of this goal Growth Labs is launching dozens of products with proven market demand, and a suite of NEAR-powered campaign solutions.
We operate like a startup lab, we test new ideas often, fail fast, and iterate quickly toward success. We are metrics driven and plan product virality in everything we build.
- Translate business requirements and product capabilities into smart contract requirements; minimizing technical complexity to ensure the fastest speed to market.
- Manage the Growth Labs Near-contract-development roadmap and deliverables
- Develop Near smart contracts in an iterative and fast paced environment
- Hire & Lead a team of developers ensuring every role/hire reflects its goals
- Work with internal engineers at Growth Labs and external contributors
- Knowledge of C, C++ or Rust. All of our code is in Rust. We can teach you Rust if you are already a C or C++ expert;
- Proven ability to work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work across other teams like Engineering, Legal, Compliance, Marketing with a shared sense of purpose. No room for ego here. People should want to work with you. Interpersonal skills are a must;
- Great communication skills and remain calm under pressure during any potential incidents or juggling multiple priorities. You should run toward problems. Calm, practical, self-aware, and self-confident approach to assessing and interacting with people;
Preferred but optional competencies
- Contributions to open-source software
- Experience with Rust API design
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest.
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective.