We are looking to strengthen our team with a hands-on Payments Specialist who can contribute with strong domain expertise excelling in a startup environment. Our offer is to become part of a group of high-performing pioneers at the forefront of digital technologies.
Are you a highly intelligent hustler who gets more excited the more spinning plates there are to juggle at any given time? Do you want to sit at the nexus of everything required to keep a business running and pointed in the right direction? As the Payments Specialist at NEAR Foundation, you have to do it all and come back asking for more. Your role is both breadth-first and depth-first. You’ll be an incremental part of the Finance Team, which has ownership of a wide array of subject matters across Finance, Operations, Tax, and Regulatory topics, and essentially taking over as much of that responsibility as you can handle and as fast as you can learn.
- Perform financial operations: process invoices, manage payment orders, track cash flows
- Coordinate interactions with external service providers and vendor
- Track the completion of project milestones
- Help to deploy capital to the projects within the NEAR Ecosystem
- Contribute to a diverse set of operational matters
- Participate in research, planning, budgeting, and modeling
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting
- Design, review, and improve business processes
- Contribute towards selection and adoption of automation tools and solutions, interface with developer teams inside and outside of organization
- Contribute to strategic projects and complete ad-hoc tasks
- Exceptional intelligence and breadth of business knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics combined with practical skills of payments and operations, preferably linked to technology and crypto operations
- 2+ years of demonstrated excellence in a demanding operational/financial role including Accounts Payable responsibilities
- Outstanding business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial accounting and reporting
- Stellar attention to detail and process orientation
- Excellent user of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated passion for the blockchain/crypto space, ideally hands-on experience with blockchain focused payment tools and solutions
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest.
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective.
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.