NEAR Protocol is a developer-first blockchain that emphasizes convenience and speed of development on the NEAR Platform while minimizing the entrance barrier for developers coming from the blockchain ecosystem, as well as regular web and mobile development space.
As the Developer Marketing Manager, your focus is to inspire developers to build on the NEAR Platform. You’ll promote the NEAR Developer Platform brand externally, scoping and executing on go-to-market strategies for programs and campaigns that bring external developers to the platform. You will drive participation across the developer community and encourage the adoption of prioritized use cases. You will be responsible for creating the developer marketing strategy, work on outreach channels of social media, content marketing, email campaigns and blogs. You’ll create developer rewards programs and grow our developer community via sponsored events and meetups.
- Create the Developer Marketing strategy for the NEAR platform
- Grow awareness, adoption, and advocacy of the platform
- Produce marketing content such as blog posts, newsletters, email campaigns, etc for the NEAR developer community
- Work with the developer relations team to create technical content such as tutorials, blog posts, screencasts, webinars, etc.
- Promote developer community and share stories about how developers are using NEAR to develop applications across the world
- Organize and facilitate community events
- Develop and distribute swag for the community that is fun, engaging and which our community will love.
- Communicate technical features and benefits with non-technical users, decision makers and our own customer success team.
- Analyze and evaluate promotion and programs to make recommendations and improvements.
- Contribute to and execute scaled marketing initiatives that reach external developers.
- Partner with Developer Advocates to deliver impactful content on channels including streaming media/video, developer forums, events, groups, and social platforms.
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience
- 4+ years of demonstrated work experience in developer marketing, technical product marketing, and/or developer advocacy/evangelism.
- Experience running virtual and in-person events such as workshops, webinars and hackathons.
- Experience developing and executing digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels such as e-mail, social, and paid media.
- Community focus and open-source mindset
- Experience working with online and in-person developer communities.
- Previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's purpose is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world and its mission is to accelerate the adoption of Open Technologies. The NEAR platform, which launched in 2020, provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include multiple ICPC/Google Code Jam/Topcoder world champions and medalists as well as people with extensive FAANG and blockchain experience.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.