We are looking for a Front-End Engineer to join our growing Engineering team at Near. You will be working on implementing the interfaces and experiences for the NEAR Developer Console. Developer Console is the flagship product aimed at creating the best developer journey in the blockchain space. This is a high productivity and highly dynamic startup environment so you will need to be comfortable operating quickly but precisely amidst changing needs. There is also lots of opportunity to help inform the product development process and inject your own creativity.
- Ability to design and deliver web applications end to end
- The ability to solve all sorts of frontend engineering tasks
- Understanding of React (Next.js) practices (such as state management solutions, server-side rendering)
- Deep understanding of frontend security best practices
- Ability to work closely with product and design leads to collaboratively make design decisions
Nice to Have
- Experience with WAMP-proto (or WebSocket / pub-sub APIs)
- Community focus and open-source mindset
- Capable of learning and can onboard quickly
- Ability to work across multiple time zones with remote colleagues
- Ability to adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines and priorities with flexibility and good humor
- Curiosity about the Open Web and how it can improve the world
- Design and develop frontend projects for the NEAR Developer Console
- Review code, enforce quality, and guide technical direction
- Work with open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.