NEAR Foundation is looking for a Head of Product to join our growing team. This high-impact role will report to our CEO and drive consumer mass adoption by allowing developers to create applications that are so easy to use that they bridge the gap between blockchain primitives and typical consumer audiences. Your job is to ensure that our ecosystem fulfills the potential of its core technology. This means making NEAR extraordinary on all levels of product journeys -- from the journey of average people visiting the website wanting to learn more about the ecosystem to the journey of end-users who use products created by projects within it.
This department has efforts spanning product, program management, engineering and growth hacking which will continue to evolve to support our ecosystem. We are searching for a leader with a history of building high-performing teams that can deliver products, projects and programs in a fast-paced environment, along with the ability to articulate vision and meet deadlines. In addition,the successful individual will be savvy at collaborating with our engineering team, as well as the leadership team and community members. We are looking for someone who believes in creating great products that meet end user needs, with a focus on customer insights, growth, and a unique user experience.
- Bring leadership and vision that will shape the growth of NEAR’s ecosystem. Your role will encompass product leadership across the board, including the owning and delivering NEAR Foundation’s roadmap.
- Publish, regularly update and speak to the overall ecosystem Product Roadmap which clearly prioritizes which products are necessary to fulfil adoption in each of the key GTM categories.
- Drive the fulfilment of this roadmap by driving funding to and supporting external teams which are working on the key components, integrations, widgets and tools which most impact adoption.
- Make the experience of learning about and participating in the NEAR ecosystem world-class to maximize the conversion rate of new visitors into account holders and Guild (community) members.
- Build a magnetic, inclusive and extremely high quality community of designers and product people to support ecosystem projects with product talent and best practices.
- Run the internal NF Labs product team such that they regularly ship and incubate the highest impact products, tools and experiences that cannot be produced by the community at large.
- Understanding our community and users of our product and in turn being able to define their problems
- Understanding problem areas and prioritizing projects for the team to design and build solutions that amaze our community.
- Leading a growing team that includes our growth, design, marketing & customer experience functions
- Building the product roadmap, gaining alignment and buy-in from all stakeholders
- Experienced at building and shipping highly usable but technically complex products to consumers
- Extremely comfort with broad product mandate across technical ecosystems
- Experienced with building and running world-class product teams and teams of product managers.
- Deeply knowledgeable to crypto products and communities, as well as trends impacting blockchain
- Able to communicate complex technical ideas into clear roadmaps, presentations and ultimately products
- Savvy at community engagement, creating a public presence and mentorship of startups
- Experienced with bringing products to market, from inception through to initial product launch and beyond
- User and community obsessed.
- Lives and breathes what makes a good product from the consumers’ experience
- Understands and believes in the value of decentralisation / trustless systems
- Comfortable in technical discussions and representing the consumer problem to the engineering team, as well as other stakeholders in the business
- Experienced driving growth efforts
- Comfortable in applying a build-measure-learn style approach to feedback
- Have experience managing multiple stakeholders across different areas of the business at all levels
- An expert at handling competing demands, tight deadlines, and product-related targets and still delivering with a cool head
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest.
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective.
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.