NEAR Protocol is a developer-first blockchain that emphasizes convenience and speed of development on the NEAR platform while minimizing the entrance barrier for developers coming from the blockchain ecosystem, as well as regular web and mobile development space. Standards are an important part of the developer ecosystem. Standards development is heavily informed by the NEAR developer community and partners. We are seeking a leader who can direct the roadmap for standards definition, work with the community to ensure standards are empowering development and advocate for standards adoption throughout the developer community.
You will lead standards definition, implementation and adoption throughout the NEAR organization as well as the developer community. You will work closely with engineering teams within NEAR to understand standards implications and ensure standards are supported by the developer platform tool, education materials, reference materials and developer relations teams. You will partner with teams implementing the core protocol to ensure standards are understood and reflect the implementation needs of the core protocol.
This position requires communication with a large number of leaders of other NEAR teams, including engineering, product, developer relations, marketing, developer community, etc. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with internal engineers at NEAR and external contributors on improving and evolving the contract standards;
- Manage the contract standards roadmap and deliverables;
- Manage the contract standards NEP (Near Enhancement Proposal) process;
- Work with the developer community and key development partners to understand the needs of the community as well as the operational impact of new standards;
- Work with engineering managers to define standards implementation throughout the current protocol, tools and interfaces;
- Extensive knowledge of blockchain ecosystem, its development tools, and practices;
- Proven ability to work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders;
- You should be able to work across other teams like Engineering, Legal, Compliance, Marketing with a shared sense of purpose. No room for ego here. People should want to work with you. Interpersonal skills are a must;
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure during any potential incidents or juggling multiple priorities. You should run toward problems. Calm, practical, self-aware, and self-confident approach to assessing and interacting with people;
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's purpose is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world and its mission is to drive the adoption of Open Technologies. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open-source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 4 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.