Are you passionate about the blockchain space and building a better internet with community-driven innovation and governance? Are you great at cultivating relationships and aligning internal teams behind a common goal? Are you excited about operating a massive strategic funding program which will help ensure the builders of this ecosystem are given the resources they need to take it to the next level?
Grants Program helps those building on NEAR to deliver amazing applications, tools, and features which scale the broader NEAR ecosystem. You’ll work with our developer relations, community, and OWC teams to source and fund high quality projects that deliver the best Web 3.0 has to offer.
We are seeking a talented individual to handle Portfolio Operations as part of our Funding Team with the NEAR Foundation. In this role, you will support our Head of Funding, as well as partner cross-functionally with our Finance, Legal, Operations, Ecosystem Success and Grants teams across all stages and verticals of funding. In addition to funding operations, our group also advises companies within the NEAR collective on capital raising, FP&A, and strategic operations.
- Own all aspects of portfolio analytics and tracking across the NEAR collective and broader ecosystem including: grants, spin outs, direct investments, LP investments, and DAOs.
- Support the Head of Funding in the development of our portfolio management strategy. Capture, track and maintain all relevant project / company financial information including quarterly performance data, KPIs, token economics, and external investments. Use cases may include: tracking portfolio company / project performance; anticipating ecosystem funding needs; driving NEAR Foundation funding decisions; crafting ecosystem reports; calculating valuations; reporting and more.
- Build and maintain dashboards / visualizations to understand and proactively monitor performance across the portfolio and drive meaningful insights for the broader ecosystem
- Analyze and report on related trends inside and outside of the NEAR ecosystem. Ability to present and communicate analyses to NEAR Foundation leadership and other relevant stakeholders: Legal, Ecosystem Success, Finance, etc.
- Evaluate, implement, and utilize relevant tooling for portfolio management (data visualization, BI, cap table management, etc.)
- Provide primary support to our Head of Funding on advising our portfolio companies on all aspects of financial operations for spun out entities, including but not limited to: FP&A, fundraising, strategic operations, and more.
- Ability to run simultaneous engagements and processes, across the entire NEAR Foundation portfolio, with a balance of responsiveness and thoughtfulness.
- Provide primary support on strategic ad-hoc projects related to the NEAR Foundations priorities and initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally across the portfolio and various operational groups within the NEAR ecosystem.
- Ability to quickly build trust with other team members, as well as entrepreneurs and broader web3 ecosystems / networks.
- 5+ years of business operations and/or corporate finance experience.
- Preferable past experience, includes: mid-to-senior level finance/biz op roles within a startup environment where financial operations was a strong focus
- Ability to conduct quantitative analysis using Excel, SQL, and BI tools like Tableau, Domo, and Looker)
- Proven track record to multitask, apply initiative and creativity on, and lead projects
- Excellent communication skills (in person, over video, written and over the phone), especially in the context of putting your best foot forward in establishing new external relationships where you are "asking" for help
About NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's purpose is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world and its mission is to drive the adoption of Open Technologies. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open-source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 4 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.