Communications Manager for the funding team will work closely with the head of funding and NEAR marketing team to define the NEAR Foundation brand among founders, the web3 community, and help to broadly communicate the NEAR ecosystem’s value prop to a large audience.
In this role you will interface directly with founders, communities, and project teams within the NEAR ecosystem to act as a trusted advisor and partner on anything related to communications. You will also work directly with the NEAR Foundation’s leadership to support cross-functional initiatives communicating the value of the NEAR ecosystem and our best-in-class funding platform. This is a rare opportunity for a motivated communications professional to drive meaningful change in the rapidly evolving web3 sector with a top protocol.
Communications & Marketing Strategy
- Collaborate and execute on communications plans for the NEAR Foundation (NF) funding platform by working with the head of funding on brand initiatives and communication plans (internal & external) platforms and key theses; inclusive of deploying these platforms at industry-leading events, through content and via engagements with thought-leaders, builders and press.
- Strategically support NF’s current portfolio of grantees and investments with marketing and comms initiatives - you’ll be the specialist they’ll turn to on brand marketing, media strategy, issues management, internal communications, and on how to develop their projects’ voices
- Build strong networks within the NEAR & broader crypto ecosystems to secure high quality brand-building opportunities for portfolio projects to fuel growth
- Work closely with the head of funding and NEAR marketing & communications teams on general ecosystem brand initiatives and campaigns. Ensuring the funding platform is well understood and positioned will be critical
- Minimum of 5 years experience in product marketing, and/or policy communications in-house and/or at an agency for tech companies; experience in fintech or crypto is a plus but not required.
- Specific experience in startup PR or growth marketing is a plus—understanding how to plug early-stage and growth-stage narratives into larger cultural and media trends in order to build ecosystem awareness.
- Strong partnership skills - the funding team is building strong ties throughout the crypto industry. Collaborating with external and internal parties regularly will be core to the role
- Self-starter who is resilient through change, with strong ability to context-shift, learn, and drive meaningful results
- High EQ; able to persuade, influence, and build trust with various types of stakeholders
- Proven track record of creating and executing on communications plans, strong writing skills, content marketing experience a plus
- Respect for the entrepreneurial struggle and eagerness to coach, counsel, and support entrepreneurs of all stages with both compassion and expertise
About NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's purpose is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world and its mission is to drive the adoption of Open Technologies. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open-source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 4 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.