NEAR Labs tests market demand for new products that could be built on the NEAR blockchain.
The Labs team moves at a rapid pace. Each week we debate dozens of product ideas and launch 3-4 marketing funnels to understand which have the potential to become sustainable businesses. We’re quick to invest further in ideas that show demand, and even quicker to kill ideas that don’t meet expectations.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurially minded, driven front-end developer who fills in the gaps in a small, fast-paced team. A developer who understands the experiences we build are only done when strangers can smoothly navigate through them from the marketing campaigns we promote.
- You have 3+ years developing software, preferably rapid-prototyping interfaces used by thousands of users.
- You have significant experience with SPA frameworks, preferably React
- You know how to create and apply maintainable CSS
- You have a passion for building great user experiences that impress and delight
- You are interested in working on other parts of the stack, not just the front end
- You strive to be a super productive engineer and use the latest tools and techniques to achieve this goal
- You have experience building and deploying software in the cloud, preferably AWS
- Ability to design and implement heuristics for ill-defined tasks
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Good communication skills
- Experience in development of concurrent / parallel products
- Ability to join the team calls during US working hours
Nice to have:
- Previous startup experience
- You have an interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency, and NFTs
- A desire to learn how to query NEAR to display NFTs, token prices, etc … on landing pages
- You know how to build modular UI components using tools like Storybook
- Overseeing the release and maintenance of 3-4 single page apps each week
- Ownership of a modular component library to increase the speed with Labs releases prototypes
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team of 5 ( two front end devs, a UX designer, a Product Manager, and a growth marketer )
- Working with open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities
- Have a strong opinion on incremental improvements that can be made to your pages that will increase traffic and improve user experience.
- While NEAR is a blockchain company, you will not be required to integrate blockchain technology into the landing pages being tested.
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.
How to stand out in your application
To show us you understand the job and you’re a strong communicator, our challenge to you is to record a 2 minute or less describing how your past experiences make you an excellent addition to the team. Feel free to show off portfolio pieces you’ve programmed. Skip the fancy video editing, you’re an entrepreneur and you have things to do, practice once, record once, submit.
Include a link to your video somewhere in your application.