NEAR Foundation is hiring an Analytics Manager to join our Ecosystem Success Department. This is a pivotal role in powering data-driven intelligence which will build NEAR's analytics function both internally and externally. You will build out a set of open source dashboards and tools and create actionable narratives from them which you will present across the ecosystem. As the primary builder and maintainer of the NF Analytics presence, you'll also be a leader of (and get support from) the broader NEAR analytics community. Basically, this role helps everyone understand what's happening within the NEAR ecosystem and what they can do to help the cause.
- Communicate compelling actionable insights from data analysis and present them on a recurring basis both internally and externally to our ecosystem.
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting.
- Build and automate performance dashboards, including leading and maintaining the one at explorer.near.org/stats.
- Develop SQL queries and data visualizations to fulfill ad-hoc analysis requests and ongoing reporting needs
- Execute advanced analytics projects to guide timely decision making and accelerate optimization cycles
- Source, coordinate and direct the work of developers as needed to fulfill these tasks
- Support and coordinate the NEAR analytics community .
- 4+ years of background from consulting, Investment banking, fintech/payments company and/or other high growth organisation with operational experience in a quantitative or analytical role.
- Ability to effectively communicate actionable data-driven insights to all audiences. Ability to demystify measurement and translate data to consumable, relatable stories. Communication -- turning data into digestible, actionable insights about the ecosystem -- is the most important part of this role.
- Strong Excel/Google Suite experience.
- Strong SQL, Python or R, and Excel skills; Experience with Looker, or other data visualization tools
- Strong analytical skills set: ability to identify and isolate trends, and connect them to customer behavioral patterns, and business impacts.
- Experience building data pipelines, running SQL queries and updating/ building dashboards, etc. \Expert SQL Proficiency.
- Self-starter and resourceful mindset with a passion to learn and succeed.
- Previous people management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest.
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective.
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.