We are looking for a Head of Developer Relations to drive developer adoption. As a direct report to Near Inc’s CEO, you’ll create and launch a holistic strategy to attract, teach and delight our community of developers, as well as advocate and represent their voice internally. In this department leadership role, you’ll create a compelling mission and vision for your global team and use your skills and experience to accomplish big things together.
We’re passionate about enabling community-driven innovation to benefit people worldwide and living to our Near ecosystem values. This role is your unique chance to directly inspire developers to build massively impactful apps on a decentralized web.
- Lead Near Inc’s efforts to build awareness and increase the number of successful developers launching their apps on our sharded, proof-of-stake public blockchain.
- Drive the efforts of formalizing and scaling our developer funnel.
- Define cross-functionally and implement a roadmap of exciting events, education initiatives, workshops, meetups, and focused sessions, including keynotes and speakers at industry and branded events to help developers evaluate our capabilities and learn how to contribute to community-driven innovation.
- Play a pivotal role in the long-term success of our developers by collaborating with engineering, product and security peers and providing direct feedback gathered from our developer community.
- Support and maintain our developer community.
- Establish yourself as a trusted technical peer and community advocate, as well as help your direct reports build their identity and credibility.
- Serve as the manager for a globally distributed team of developer relations professionals in engineering and video production.
- Experienced with building and scaling developer relations, technical advocacy or community management functions in emerging and established global technologies and markets.
- An inspirational person that understands how to build thriving developer communities
- Obsessed with making developers happy and can engage with communities in a credible way.
- Well known among developer communities and have a proven track record with inspiring speaking engagements, blog posts, and more.
- Able to build plans out of chaos, manage multiple workstreams, effectively set expectations among stakeholders, and prioritize your work from a long list.
- Proficient at establishing relationships internally to influence decisions, as well as savvy at building cross-functional alignment and promoting your strategies with your peers.
- Creative and passionate about generating grass-roots attention, support and adoption of developer-oriented products from opinion makers and technologists in multiple developer communities.
- Capable and driven to create an environment where your team is able to realize their careers goals and build the next generation of leaders at Near and across our ecosystem.
- Savvy at empowering your team’s vision and strategy, delegating projects and responsibilities, and holding them accountable with clear expectations of needed results
ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest.
OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.