NEAR Foundation is hiring for our Head of Brand and Communications role. As a direct report to the CEO, you will lead the efforts to uplevel our brand to increase awareness and lead our communication strategy to clearly articulate NEAR's value proposition and differentiation - across the critical audience of developers, creators, community members, entrepreneurs and tokenholders. This role will directly contribute to helping realize our goals of building a self-sufficient ecosystem of people, teams and communities building massively impactful projects for the Open Web by successfully positioning as both a platform and an ecosystem.
In this role, we’re looking for someone that knows what makes an awesome brand and communicates effectively, has the skills to create and capitalize on momentum-building, and has the ability to develop compelling strategies in this fast-moving blockchain space.
- Be instrumental in architecting NEAR’s global brand and communications strategy.
- Develop brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all key channels, such as website, social, content and storytelling, and experiences..
- Lead a brand audit that helps provide vision and strategic direction to position and build positive brand awareness.
- Produce or oversee the creation of promotional and informative copy, webcopy and content, making sure all materials have consistent and positive messaging and branding.
- Help maximize the impact of announcements, launches, and big moments. You’ll be part of shaping and executing our strategy for big news, ecosystem successes and community growth.
- Raise the profile and thought leadership of NEAR by identifying and securing coverage in key publications (within and outside the Blockchain space) and lead the participation in key events.
- Be involved with internal company communications, aligning narratives and curated messaging.
- Work with all forms of media, including press releases and digital campaigns, print materials, social media, audio and video and more.
- Lead the planning and execution of all public relations initiatives and programs, including issues management and crisis management when necessary.
- Manage media relations, contracting and developing contacts with media members.
- Measure and report on the success of programs using qualitative and quantitative criteria.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across NEAR Foundation to deliver internal communications and support core contributor engagement initiatives.
- Inspire and focus a best-in-class team that consistently delivers high-quality, bold work that meets and exceeds ambitious goals.
- Coach and guide team members and provide opportunities that enable your team to reach their full potential.
- A career defined by progressively expanding brand & communications leadership roles with expertise in blockchain, open source ecosystems or similar.
- Hands-on experience working across brand, content and storytelling, events and experiences, and other areas intersecting with marketing.
- Experience in global public relations strategy and image agenda development, as well as partnering with subject matter experts and outside agencies as needed.
- Previous success as a leader and manager. You’ll have strength in hiring great people and building high-performance teams.
- Skills to establish clear goals, OKRs, and metrics to measure the success of a strategy, campaign, or program.
- An action-oriented and resourceful style. You’re able to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with a strong bias for action, as well as you’re self-directed and able to move forward in a dynamic environment.
- Bold and innovative ideas. Blockchain is a rapidly evolving space, and your approach to building brands, telling stories and standing apart from the crowd needs to stay up with this exciting space.
- A collaborative and inclusive approach to your work. You’re able to build strong relationships across the NEAR Collective and work cross-functionally, as well as within our ecosystem.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest.
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective.
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.