We are looking for a productive, meticulous, and empathetic leader who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable with challenging technical problems, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
The NEAR Inc Engineering team is looking for a person to lead the work on the experience of running NEAR’s blockchain client. You will be working with complex concurrent systems, low-level code, complicated state machines, and novel algorithms. You will also be working with various other engineering teams and product owners to improve both the blockchain protocol and the experience of running a NEAR blockchain node. You will be expected to project technical excellence, accountability, and empathy for the rest of the team.
- We require great fluency with algorithms, excellent coding skills, and strong problem solving and analytical skills that you would use to build extremely complex systems;
- While you should have a zeal for technical excellence, you should be very comfortable with balancing degrees of risk and business needs;
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities;
- You should be a humble and inspirational leader who is comfortable leading by example;
Nice to have:
- We prefer if you have familiarity with blockchains, concurrent systems, cryptography, or virtual machines;
- We prefer if you have experience working with large-scale distributed systems;
- Building great engineering teams, ensuring the happiness and productivity of the individuals. We would also expect you to do a lot of hiring conversations and helping us with sourcing the candidates;
- Establishing and following the minimal necessary processes, like technical roadmaps, OKRs, milestones, regular team meetings;
- Communicating with the dependent parties, which includes internal teams, the external partners, and the engineering community;
- Establishing resilient team culture that can overcome any turbulence without burnout;
- Leading by example, writing the code, fixing bugs, and participating in design discussions when it is necessary to help the engineers working with you.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's purpose is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world and its mission is to drive the adoption of Open Technologies. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open-source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 4 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.