What You’ll Do
- Identify and source attractive investment opportunities
- Perform all stages of investment transaction-related efforts including financial modeling and analysis, industry research, negotiation of investment terms, valuation analyses, and liquidity events.
- Author memos and presentations for the team, investment committee, and broader community
Portfolio Management & Support:
- Consult/support portfolio companies as needed
- Track progress and add value to portfolio companies (i.e. challenge the business model and go-to-market strategy, define areas where to help, bring in experts, help fill in key management positions, introduce to corporates).
- Research industry sectors, trends, and market dynamics
- Develop proactive investment theses in areas of interest
- Establish and nurture a network of technical founders and subject matter experts
- Maintain and foster effective relationships both within and outside the organization
- A detailed oriented self-starter, intellectually curious, with strong, demonstrated analytical skills
- Be excited to meet entrepreneurs at the earliest stages
- 4+ years in relevant work experience in technology investing, investment banking, management consulting, strategic finance, corporate development, public equity research or have a technical background with demonstrated ability in data-driven analysis
- Strong record of professional achievement, work ethic, and positive attitude
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Undergraduate degree
Nice to Haves:
- Native understanding of blockchain technology and experience reviewing white papers or crypto projects
- Actively participate in blockchain/cryptocurrencies communities
About NEAR & OWC
NEAR’s mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR blockchain is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands. NEAR protocol is built by the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Open Web Collective (OWC) is an early-stage blockchain venture fund and seed accelerator. OWC aims to reimagine how the next wave of applications will be built using open technologies.
OWC’s mission is to support founders building the open web. Our founders are promising pre-seed and seed-stage startups from around the globe. They work with leading corporate partners and investors such as IDEO, Deloitte, and WEF to validate/invalidate business ideas and decisions, build products, define and grow KPIs, develop product-market fit, and fundraise to push blockchain forward.