Do you want to build startups in partnership with some of the world’s largest and most influential companies & investors? Do you have proven experience of working with large corporations and being a founder of your own startup? Do you have a passion for creating new ventures and working with proven founders? Can you build and manage a team capable of launching multiple ventures a year whilst supporting a growing portfolio of rapidly scaling ventures? If yes, then this is your opportunity!
It’s not just about providing capital; it’s about scaling venture solutions by providing value-added support, piloting and partnership opportunities to startups in our portfolio and pipeline. For early-stage companies, we focus on business fundamentals and management, and product-market fit. For later-stage companies, it’s all about growth, expansion and deepening impact.
What You’ll Do
- Establishing new corporate partnerships for venture building. Working directly with C-suite executives to identify and agree on areas of strategic importance and focus
- Own all-year-round logistics, operations, administration, scheduling, calendar management, and event planning for programs
- Leading and scoping projects to identify market opportunities and create new venture concepts
- Overseeing identification and recruitment of experienced founders
- Ensuring OWC alumni and portfolio companies are adequately supported by both studio and investment team
- Collaborate deeply with the Investments and Operations team. From working with the team to refine investment theses to generating ideas and producing content for insights series
- Enhancing venture partnership and support offerings;
- Build out scalable and decentralized method to supporting Founders (including but not limited to program partnerships, playbooks and content guides)
- Support relationship management with OWC Partners
- Represent OWC in the local community and ecosystem
- Grow the network of mentors, partners, and investors
- 6+ years of experience with early-stage software businesses, with a demonstrated understanding of how these businesses are built and what makes them successful
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly dive into creating high-growth startups completely from scratch
- Demonstrated EQ and dynamic communication skills needed to quickly build trusting collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Intellectual horsepower needed to think across the blockchain/crypto market to identify the highest-value opportunities
- Ability to flex between high level thinking and detailed problem solving
- Desire to learn and teach
- Ability to anticipate the needs and requests of multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a self-starter
- Undergraduate degree
Nice to Haves:
- Native understanding of blockchain technology and experience reviewing white papers or crypto projects
- Actively participate in blockchain and cryptocurrencies communities
About NEAR & OWC
NEAR’s mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR blockchain is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands. NEAR protocol is built by the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Open Web Collective (OWC) is an early-stage blockchain venture fund and seed accelerator. OWC aims to reimagine how the next wave of applications will be built using open technologies.
OWC’s mission is to support founders building the open web. Our founders are promising pre-seed and seed-stage startups from around the globe. They work with leading corporate partners and investors such as IDEO, Deloitte, and WEF to validate/invalidate business ideas and decisions, build products, define and grow KPIs, develop product-market fit, and fundraise to push blockchain forward.