Grants Program helps those building on NEAR to deliver amazing applications, tools, and features which scale the broader NEAR ecosystem. You’ll work with our developer relations, community, and OWC teams to source and fund high quality projects that deliver the best Web 3.0 has to offer.
The Grants Program Technical Reviewer will conduct reviews of NEAR grants program applications and interview project team members. The role will involve maintaining an understanding of the NEAR / Web3 ecosystem, developing relationships with grant applicants, and collaborating with the Grants Program Manager to maintain weekly and monthly goals.
Responsibilities & Activities
The role will be responsible for functions including
- Effectively conduct technical reviews and interviews of grant applications to ensure the quality of projects in the Grants Program pipeline
- Analyze project applications for thoroughness and benefits to the broader NEAR ecosystem
- Maintain thorough understanding of the NEAR ecosystem and broader Web3 industry trends
- Review grants applications and share feedback with applications around gaps or issues with their applications
- Engage with NEAR collective product managers or developers to better understand the value of certain projects as needed
- Effectively research various elements of project applications to support reviews as required
- Present findings in a clear and concise manner to inform all relevant stakeholders involve
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the NEAR collective to ensure full understanding of the needs of the broader ecosystem
- Respond timely to communications with grant applicants during the review and interview process
- Maintain weekly and monthly goals set by Grants Program Manager
- Web3 / Blockchain – experience in product management, development, engineering, or design within the Web3 industry with an understanding of the NEAR protocol
- Product Development – Understand the core principles of product management in how it relates to early project development in Web3
- Judgment & Decision Making – Utilize existing systems and additional resources to make informed decisions for grant application
- Communication – Provide verbal and written feedback to grant applicants in order to manage projects within the Grants Program pipeline
- Collaboration & Teamwork – Work cooperatively with others across the NEAR collective to ensure an up-to-date understanding of the broader ecosystem
- Information Gathering –Analyze and collect information related to grant applicants and the NEAR ecosystem
Job Type: Part-time (2 - 3 days a week)
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's purpose is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world and its mission is to drive the adoption of Open Technologies. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open-source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 4 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.