We are looking for a person who loves automating manual work, solving complicated problems, says no to downtime, working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to build the distributed Web.
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work as part of all core engineering teams to help cope with the operational load of a fast growing team. At NEAR Protocol, we must deliver availability, performance, efficiency, monitoring and emergency response, all while enabling decentralization of the NEAR Protocol's Open Web infrastructure. We are looking for a person to join our distributed on-call rotational team and help us create a self-sustaining blockchain infrastructure.
This is a high-productivity and highly dynamic startup environment so you will need to be comfortable operating quickly but precisely amidst changing needs. There is opportunity to inject your creativity in almost any aspect of blockchain development.
- Advanced Python coding skills
- Solid understanding of UNIX internals
- Sharp troubleshooting skills, no problem is impossible to solve
- Experience with cloud provisioning tooling like Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Docker
- Experience with monitoring infrastructure like Grafana, Prometheus, Datadog
- Experience with CI infrastructure such as Travis, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- Experience in keeping services up 24/7
- Expertise in large-scale distributed systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven ability to be effective on a distributed team
- Passion for open source
Nice to Have
- Experience with the Rust programming language
- Experience with multiple cloud providers AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of blockchain technologies.
- Together with the engineering team you will share the 24/7 on-call rotation (including weekends compensated with day-offs during the week)
- Help build self-driving services which run and repair themself
- Help define SLOs and mission critical metrics
- Drive our incident management response processes
- Build an emergency response playbook with monitoring and alerting
- Work with our core blockchain, middleware, and apps teams to deliver secure and high availability services
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed team, work in the open as part of the NEAR Protocol open source project, and engage with NEAR Protocol's global community
Remote (North and South America)
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 4 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.