Are you that unicorn combination of people and processes where you enjoy sitting at the intersection of community building and creating the Operating System that fuels and keeps this rocketship in flight?
As a Community OS Specialist/Manager, you’ll do it all and more. Your mission is to ensure a great onboarding experience and smooth running of our NEAR guilds by setting up the required processes and making them an experience people would pleasantly remember from the NEAR experience. The other aspect of this role is creating relationships with community members, keeping track of the projects they’re working on, providing them with support and and connecting them with the right resources to help them grow their communities. You will play a key role supporting the growth of the NEAR guild program so a a growth mindset is essential.
The role grows with the team -- you will be able to take on as much as you can handle and more. We believe in finding the right fit for your interests and skills. You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Guilds.
- Contribute to an extraordinary Guild on-boarding experience.
- Foster trusted relationships with Guilds' leads
- Contribute to the growth of a thriving Guilds ecosystem.
- Maintain a CRM and schedule calls with individuals and Guilds from the NEAR ecosystem.
- Create and execute the agreed practices for the Guild rewards and payouts.
- Assist with cross collaboration between Guilds by identifying opportunities for collaboration and co-creation.
- Support the adoption of decentralised tools
- As part of the Community team, you will work closely with everyone in the building of the Community Operating System.
- 2+ years of experience in startup environments in community operations, project management, or community building.
- Demonstrated experience setting up & following processes and project management frameworks.
- Experience working with a global and diverse community.
- Previous experience working closely with community members or on open source projects is highly desirable.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.