NEAR is looking for an experienced product manager to own the product side of Node Experience. Node Experience at NEAR encompasses everything related to running a NEAR blockchain node, which ranges from feature requests from various customers to debugging tools that help diagnose the root cause when something goes wrong. The node experience team interfaces with a diverse group of customers, which includes validators, partners who run rpc nodes, and developers who need to run a node locally for development and testing.
Successful applicants for this role will have a very strong engineering background, experience as a product manager or owner, and experience in the blockchain industry.
As a member of NEAR’s product team, you will shape the direction of our core platform and tooling. Many of our product managers are also team leads, and you will be expected to operate in similar capacity. This includes identifying opportunities for improving our products, achieving buy-in from the team, and overseeing implementations
- 3+ years as a PM or engineer/founder with experience delivering technical products and owning strategic roadmaps in startup environments.
- Clear product vision and proven ability to execute across all areas of product strategy, development, and project management.
- Experience and interest in highly technical products.
- Strong communication skills, especially written
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with blockchain technologies
- Familiarity with Rust
- Experience working at a startup
- Formal certification(s) with product ownership, product management, project management, etc.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big, but the right team is behind it.
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- For U.S. employees: excellent health coverage for you and your family
- A supportive work environment keen on offering opportunities for personal growth
- When safe again, biannual company retreats at fun locations (last one was in Buenos Aires!)