Are you passionate about the blockchain space and building a better internet with community-driven innovation and governance? Are you great at cultivating relationships and aligning internal teams behind a common goal? Are you excited about operating a massive strategic funding program which will help ensure the builders of this ecosystem are given the resources they need to take it to the next level?
Grants Program helps those building on NEAR to deliver amazing applications, tools, and features which scale the broader NEAR ecosystem. You’ll work with our developer relations, community, and OWC teams to source and fund high quality projects that deliver the best Web 3.0 has to offer.
We’re seeking an Operations Associate who can juggle all of the balls that have to land properly in order to make our Grants Program processes run smoothly. That means everything from managing our application workflow tool to onboarding grantees into our program. This also requires the ability to understand the program’s needs and work creatively to solve. It involves working extensively with grant applicants and members of the NEAR collective. This also requires the ability to understand ecosystem needs and do an initial filtering of applications and projects. It also involves keeping track of metrics and reporting to evaluate the results of the program.
Specifically, the right fit for this position should be highly process / ops oriented but also comfortable with directly engaging with applicants to the grants program. You will wear a lot of hats and coordinate with other Grants Program team members, the operations function at the Near Foundation and folks in similar roles at other companies across the NEAR ecosystem. It’s crucial The Grants program is well-connected across the ecosystem!
Exceptional candidates are deeply familiar with the blockchain and crypto landscape and the unique needs of developing a protocol ecosystem with strong early stage projects and developers. This is not a good fit for someone who hasn’t worked within a startup environment or operations (sales, people, data, etc.) before.
This is a remote contracted position with the NEAR Foundation.
- Implement the structures and carry through the processes to drive a massively successful Grants Program.
- Support all processes related to pipeline management, interviews, contract negotiations, and invoicing
- Support existing grantees from a customer success perspective and ensure their feedback is turned into actionable recommendations quickly and accurately
- Manage the Grants Program reporting processes for NEAR Foundation Leadership and the broader NEAR collective
- Support the Grants Team in managing and tracking OKRs & KPIs related to the Grants Program, in collaboration with the grant committee and NEAR Foundation operations.
- 3+ years in startup environments working in sales operations, people operations, or data operations
- Very strong project management and organizational skills
- Extremely detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines.
- A warm and professional client first approach with grantees and applicants as they go through the review process
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
About NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's purpose is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world and its mission is to drive the adoption of Open Technologies. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open-source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 4 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.