We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Executive Assistant to help our executive team as NEAR scales in hypergrowth. You'll provide strategic and operational support to various leaders at NEAR in the U.S. and Europe.
You'll be a strategic partner who holds everything together - from calendaring and travel, to creating/reporting processes and team support. You will be a wearer of many hats who strives to work in an ambiguous but rewarding environment. We are looking for an EA who has a natural passion for learning and optimization, enjoys taking on new tasks and projects, and who excels at being mindful of strong communication and details in an energetic, fast-paced and developer-centric environment.
Since NEAR is a blockchain company, familiarity with the crypto and blockchain ecosystem is ideal but not required. You should be familiar with working in the technology industry and its unique challenges, especially those in a startup experiencing hypergrowth. Due to the nature of our highly distributed team, you will need to be comfortable operating across many time zones, geographies and languages.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience developing and maintaining company policies and procedures
- Familiar with addressing problems where analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Have built out and developed procedures and practices to determine appropriate action with impeccable judgment
- Have worked within teams and built relationships to accomplish objectives and key results
- Assisted with complex project management across multiple organizations requiring finesse, flexibility, and patience
- Prioritized workflow and deliverables as objectives and business needs change
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and exercise sound judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Executive interfacing skills, particularly in written and verbal communication -- ability to communicate clearly and concisely across all levels, with maximum attention to detail
Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Assist in formulating and tracking budgets
- Provide analytical, strategic, and operational support to NEAR's executives
- Draft presentation materials for various meetings, engagements and conferences
- Proactively prioritize executives' time based on major initiatives and other priority items
- Establish high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside NEAR and maintain those relationships
- Create and manage new process documentation for NEAR especially as it relates to the team(s) under each executive you support
- Manage heavy calendar (via GSuite) and meeting responsibilities, to include worldwide travel planning and scheduling, as well as expense reconciliation, in a company experiencing rapid growth
What You’ll Need
- Be able to support both European (EMEA) and U.S. time zones
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant professional experience in direct executive support
- Experience working with tools such as Airtable, GSuite, Notion, Slack, and Expensify
- Be familiar and comfortable navigating a diverse set of time zones and geographies
- Knowledge of blockchain or crypto landscape or worked in a technology startup before
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.