We are looking for a talented, meticulous, and productive person who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares our desire to make the web free again.
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for an engineer to work on integrating our blockchain with other blockchains and protocols. You will be bridging various algorithmically complex systems together, which will require learning and understanding their internals. You will be expected to fully own these projects and drive their implementation from beginning to end, including the design, the implementation, the maintenance, and the documentation. You will be surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers who will be holding you to these same standards.
- Exceptional desire to keep things in order during the development of complex projects with distributed team
- Excellent coding skills with JS / TS or other scripting languages
- Experience in maintaining complex multi-component products (Grafana or other similar dashboard / alerting systems)
- Experience in implementing release processes and development operations for complex multi-component products
- Ability to design and implement heuristics for ill-defined tasks
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Good communication skills
- Experience in development of concurrent / parallel products
- Ability to join the team calls during Europe working hours
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding of Ethereum contracts patterns and best practices
- Experience implementing complex Ethereum contracts
- Familiarity with internals of other blockchains
- Familiarity with Rust
- Knowledge of cryptography
- Knowledge of runtimes and virtual machines
- Overseeing the release process of the Rainbow Bridge
- End-to-end ownership of the relayers and other non-blockchain services and other critical components
- Maintenance of the Rainbow Bridge
- Maintenance of documentation, product knowledge base and on-call handbook
- Ownership of monitoring and alerting systems (Grafana)
- Working with open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team
- Design and implementation of various interoperability components interacting with multiple blockchains
- Participating in the on-call rotation
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.