We are looking for a talented, meticulous, and productive person who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for a Security Engineer to work as part of all core engineering teams. This is a high productivity and highly dynamic startup environment so you will need to be comfortable operating quickly but precisely amidst changing needs. There is opportunity to inject your creativity in almost any aspect of blockchain development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven ability to be effective on a distributed team
- Passion for open source
- Advanced Python coding skills
- Experience building Rust, Node, and Python applications
- Experience with CI infrastructure such as travis, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- You have shipped user software, preferably more than once
- Experience with Docker and similar configuration management tools
Nice to Have:
- Experience with the Rust programming language;
- Experience with WebAssembly;
- Experience with distributed systems;
- Knowledge of blockchain technologies.
- Experience in security auditing, code review and security testing
- Proficient in finding and analysing security flaws in native code - i.e. through code auditing, debugging, code instrumentation etc
- Sufficient C++ experience to audit for security flaws, and understand approaches to mitigate common issues
- Deep understanding of browser & web security models
Huge plus if you have
- Track record of finding security bugs in dynamic architectural targets (web, cryptography, mobile, network) and/or participating in CTFs
- Familiarity with browser internals such as JS Engines, CSS, Graphics, Extensions, network protocols etc
- Low-level systems programming experience (especially C++, but also C and/or Rust a bonus)
- Strong OS security knowledge (Windows, OSX and Linux), especially familiarity with sandboxing and other vulnerability mitigation techniques
- Disassembly/reversing skills
- Static Analysis experience
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.