NEAR Protocol releases require automation, oversight, and enhancements to deliver critical blockchain and smart contract infrastructure to partners and the open source community. NEAR Protocol releases must maintain the highest level of stability, security, and performance. Today, NEAR Protocol engineers are responsible for delivering releases. We are transitioning to scheduled, feature-flagged release processes, and our engineering teams need additional resources to design, implement, and enforce software shipping practices that result in stable, secure, and performant releases for nightly, beta, and production versions of NEAR Protocol. This role will enhance community and partner trust in NEAR Protocol to deliver features, bug fixes, and security mitigation on a predictable schedule. NEAR Protocol has moved to a remote first collective and welcomes individuals from anywhere.
We are looking for a talented, meticulous, and productive person who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for a Release Engineer to work as part of all core engineering teams to help build and ship NEAR Protocol's products. At NEAR Protocol, Release Engineering enables our open-source community to deliver stable and secure code supporting NEAR Protocol's Open Web infrastructure.
This is a high productivity and highly dynamic startup environment so you will need to be comfortable operating quickly but precisely amidst changing needs. There is opportunity to inject your creativity in almost any aspect of blockchain development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven ability to be effective on a distributed team
- Passion for open source
- Advanced Python coding skills
- Experience building Rust, Node, and Python applications
- Experience with CI infrastructure such as travis, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- You have shipped user software, preferably more than once
- Experience with Docker and similar configuration management tools
Nice to Have:
- Experience with the Rust programming language;
- Experience with WebAssembly;
- Experience with distributed systems;
- Knowledge of blockchain technologies.
- Build and maintain continuous integration and release pipelines for NEAR Protocol's applications
- Work with our core blockchain, middleware, and apps teams to deliver secure and high availability services
- Make technical decisions about the code and architecture of our release infrastructure
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed team, work in the open as part of the NEAR Protocol open source project, and engage with NEAR Protocol's global community
- Rapidly build and deploy core Near products including the wallet, explorer, educational portal and online IDE.
- Rapidly implement new products and smart contract infrastructure atop NEAR and bridges with other chains.
- Precision, quality and reliability of key apps and experiences.
- Effective communication and consistent shipping.
- Excellent code quality and style.
- 5+ years building production-level applications and experiences in rapid iteration, high-quality environments like top tier startups and consultancies.
- Comfort operating across the full stack including front end web, mobile, back end, smart contracts and dev ops.
Get to Know Near
Near is building the infrastructure of the decentralized web, including the NEAR Protocol smart contract platform and a variety of supporting tools. NEAR is a scalable blockchain designed to provide the performance and user experience necessary to bridge the gap to mainstream adoption of decentralized applications. Unlike other next generation blockchains, this network has been built from the ground up to be the easiest in the world for both developers and their end users while still providing the scalability necessary to serve those users.
Working at Near
At Near, you have the chance to become an early member of a world-class team with significant upside. The opportunity we are tackling will completely reshape the landscape of the web for decades to come and potentially affect billions of people. We are funded by the top names in the industry and have attracted the best technical minds in the world to create a technology that will directly change the lives of billions of people.
This is a performance culture where you’ll be working alongside -- and learning from -- other top quality teammates executing at their best. We value boldness, ownership, transparency, curiosity and experimentation. We pay competitively plus we offer all employees full health benefits, daily lunch and a fully stocked office within walking distance of BART in SOMA.
If you’re excited by the challenge of winning in the fastest moving ecosystem as a member of its best team, this might be a good fit.