Are you an experienced designer who enjoys working in a small team, rapid-iteration environment with lots of responsibility across multiple areas and having a huge impact on how users experience an entire brand through all its products?
We are building the most usable blockchain in the world and one which can actually bridge the gap to mainstream adoption because of it and we need you!
As a designer at NEAR, you own the creation and maintenance of a professional, usable and ultimately delightful design experience across everything we create or build. This includes web pages, mobile apps and even developer-facing tooling or physical swag where necessary. You will work with our senior designer -- who is a total rockstar with almost 20 years of professional design experience -- to produce the interfaces, applications and assets necessary to build the end-user apps, developer tools and other materials that define our product suite.
This is a high-ownership position and you will need to be comfortable operating across a wide range of disciplines. You should have substantial experience in startup environments and should probably be a bit allergic to big-company culture. The core function of this role involves a lot of product-oriented UI/UX work but the ideal candidate will also have one of two secondary skillsets -- either a passion for effective user research to support the validation of product development efforts or the ability to rapidly implement their designs by writing markup and styling for web pages or mobile views.
- NEAR products are simple to understand, easy to learn and engaging to use.
- Materials created for marketing, education, onboarding and product usage are all professional, clear and on-brand.
- 5+ years of professional design experience across UI/UX and app design.
- Professional experience working in fast-paced startup teams and with multiple applications
- Top candidates will also have either user research or front-end development experience
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Possibility for either contract or full hire, though it will be a full workload regardless.