Are you an energetic, talented and experienced front end web and mobile developer who loves building precise but delightful interfaces in a fast-paced environment where you see the direct impact of everything you build on your users?
As a front end developer at NEAR, you will work closely with our product team and our deeply experienced designer to implement the interfaces and experiences for a wide range of web and mobile products from the main website to the education portal and supporting pages for developer tools. You will also have plenty of opportunity to spin up smaller projects like making the front ends for example applications and product testing pages.
This is a high productivity and highly dynamic startup environment so you will need to be comfortable operating quickly but precisely amidst changing needs. There is also lots of opportunity to help inform the product development process and inject your own creativity.
You will be a particularly good fit if you enjoy participating in the creative design process, teaching others (speaking or creating content) and are always exploring the potential of new technologies.
While energy and enthusiasm are key, this is a position for **well-experienced developers only**.
Get to Know NEAR
NEAR is a scalable blockchain and smart contract platform designed to provide the performance and user experience necessary to bridge the gap to mainstream adoption. Unlike other next generation blockchains, this network has been built from the ground up to provide both the usability and scalability necessary to bridge the gap to mainstream adoption.
Working at NEAR
At NEAR, you have the chance to become an early member of a world-class team with significant upside. The opportunity we are tackling will completely reshape the landscape of the web for decades to come and potentially affect billions of people. We are funded by the top names in the industry and have attracted the best technical minds in the world.
This is a performance culture where you’ll be working alongside -- and learning from -- other top quality teammates executing at their best. We value boldness, ownership, transparency, curiosity and experimentation. We offer all employees competitive salary and benefits plus a fully stocked office within walking distance of BART in SOMA.
If you’re excited by the challenge of winning in the fastest moving ecosystem as a member of its best team, this might be a good fit.
- Rapidly implement and maintain interfaces and experiences across multiple core NEAR products including the main website, block explorer, educational portal, documentation and online IDE.
- Build beautiful front ends for example applications and product demonstration pages
- Where necessary, help developers who use our platform to integrate their front ends with our back end to create delightful experiences for their own users.
- Precision, quality and reliability of key interfaces and experiences.
- Effective communication and consistent shipping.
- Excellent code quality and style.
- 5+ years building production-level front end interfaces and experiences in rapid iteration, high-quality environments like startups and consultancies.
- Comfort operating across both web and mobile environments.
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of modern markup, styling, front end code and browser compatibility.