NEAR is a developer-friendly blockchain-based platform for building decentralized applications. Unlike existing smart contract platforms, NEAR gives developers the primitives they need to build great end-user experiences and scales its capacity to meet that demand as the network grows.
Why Join NEAR?
At NEAR, you have the chance to become an early member of a world-class team with significant upside. The opportunity we are tackling will completely reshape the landscape of the web for decades to come and potentially affect billions of people. We are funded by the top names in the space and have attracted the best technical minds in the world.
This is a performance culture where you’ll be working alongside -- and learning from -- other top quality teammates executing at their best. If you’re excited by the challenge of winning in the fastest moving ecosystem as a member of its best team, this might be a good fit.
Do you love building enthusiastic and engaged developer communities? Creating vibrant in-person meetups, workshops and hackathons while keeping the momentum going with great online spaces? Are you passionate about globally scaling the most important aspect of the next wave of computing platforms?
As the Technical Community and Events Manager at NEAR, you wear a lot of hats and interface directly with a lot of people. Ultimately, you own both the growth and quality of NEAR’s core community of developers, designers, product people and entrepreneurs. These developers use the platform to build DApps of their own and their most important engagement points are during our in-person and online events.
The role will require substantial community engagement and that magical combination of excellent people skills, a knack for marketing/partnerships and a healthy dose of operational focus. You’ll be the architect of unique and engaging events in different cities around the world which showcase NEAR Protocol and help bootstrap local communities via creating online experiences and hubs. To do this, you’ll need to interface with local partners, hop on the occasional flight and just plain hustle.
While you’ll need to be able to operate autonomously and with initiative, you’ll have the support of the rest of our community, marketing and education teams.
- Plan and run regular in-person and online events for developers that help them get to know the platform and bring our team strong exposure both in San Francisco and globally.
- Be the voice of our community to our internal team so we continue building the right product to serve their needs.
- Craft and manage the narrative and personality of NEAR to its community via planning, writing and editing content.
- Keep the momentum of our in-person engagements going via supporting our online communities.
- Event attendance and engagement
- Community size and engagement rate
- Community retention and referral rates
- Significant experience putting on events and engaging developer communities with autonomy
- Strong familiarity with blockchain and its ecosystem
- Well versed in technical topics