Do you love building enthusiastic and engaged developer communities? Creating vibrant in-person meetups, workshops and hackathons while keeping the momentum going with great online spaces? Are you passionate about globally scaling the most important aspect of the next wave of computing platforms?
As a Technical Community Manager at NEAR, you wear a lot of hats and interface directly with a lot of people. Ultimately, you own both the growth and quality of the NEAR Platform’s core community of developers and entrepreneurs as they use the platform to build DApps of their own.
The role will require substantial community engagement and that magical combination of excellent people skills, a knack for marketing/partnerships and a healthy dose of operational focus. You’ll be the architect of unique and engaging events which showcase NEAR Protocol and help bootstrap local communities (called Guilds) plus a key point of contact for those Guilds as they form and grow. To do this, you’ll need to interface with local partners, hop on the occasional flight and just plain hustle.
While you’ll need to be able to operate autonomously and with initiative, you’ll have the support of the rest of our community, marketing and education teams.
This role is a good fit if you're already deeply engaged with developer communities already. You're a strong fit if you can't stay away from hackathons, communicate natively via Twitter and maybe even work on a DApp or two in your spare time.
- Plan and run regular in-person (when possible!) and online events for developers that help them get to know the platform and bring our team strong exposure both in San Francisco and globally.
- Be the voice of our community to our internal teams so NEAR continues building the right products to serve their needs.
- Craft and manage the narrative and personality of NEAR to its community via planning, writing and editing content.
- Keep the momentum of our in-person engagements going via supporting our online communities.
- Active and engaged community members across Guilds and their sub-communities worldwide.
- Significant experience putting on events and engaging developer communities with autonomy
- Strong familiarity with blockchain and its ecosystem
- Well versed in technical topics
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.