Title: Program Manager
Location: Redmond, WA
Key team member responsible for helping manage a large cross-organization Engineering Program to include data center resource requests for AutoPilot & Azure capacity (Cloud Service) for Bing, Bing Ads and other Artificial Intelligence and Research (AIR) offerings. The ideal candidate can handle daily requests and communications, and also identify opportunities for improvements and increased automation.
- Drive capacity management projects end to end from initiation to closure. A good example of capacity management project is a migration of environments from one region to another based on their budget and capacity needs
- Execute on day to day capacity requirements and follow-up communication which includes email triage, tickets and getting any clarification from engineering teams, approval from management and delivering capacity
- Attend weekly Rhythm of Business (ROB) to include the core migration team and internal teams to triage and close on any outstanding questions or blocking requests.
- Analyze existing capacity on a regular basis using Azure Management tools (i.e., PowerShell, Excel Power Pivot and Reporting Services). Provide continuous input to management based on daily analysis.
- Work with internal engineering teams to understand their capacity needs and adjust priorities accordingly to ensure space and budget is properly allocated.
- Fluency with technical concepts and language (ability to discuss technical issues) Not coding but need to understand the technical process and be able to discuss.
- Ability to run existing queries and PowerShell scripts with minor modifications (variable changes), again not looking for a coding person, but need to understand PowerShell and copy and run scripts.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written),
- the ability to interact with a large number of teams/technologies to assess and understand their diverse needs from a data center and network resources perspective,
- the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are all critical for success in this role.
- Ideal candidate will have some experience as level 2 in operational service desk (really strong tech-link experience) but MUST also be very outgoing and customer service focused.
- Experience with Azure
- Preferred PMP Certified