Come Build the Future of Quant-Driven Investing
NDVR builds and analyzes sophisticated custom portfolios, optimized by advanced algorithms to boost expected return and efficiency. These sophisticated portfolios are delivered within an exceptional client experience that leverages elegant client-facing applications. Our tight-knit team is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with a sizable presence in Budapest, Hungary, and is spearheaded by a tech industry veteran CEO who has led multiple companies from foundation through IPO.
About the Role
NDVR is seeking an IT Specialist to support our corporate IT environment and execute on various security initiatives. We aim to have an open and flexible work environment, so we need an out-of-the-box thinker to help select and maintain appropriate endpoint solutions and enterprise infrastructure. Additional daily responsibilities will include monitoring operational and security events from a variety of systems, analyzing data for trends, and proactively defining alerts for anomalous activity. This person will also be expected to assist with incident response and root cause analysis.
An ideal candidate for this role is an exceptional technical contributor with a passion for learning more about cyber security. Prior experience with security is not required. This person must be able to effectively triage event data, respond with appropriate urgency, and effectively communicate with a global audience.
This person will be required to standardize technologies and maintain appropriate documentation to ensure repeatable processes. The individual will work on a wide variety of interesting technical problems, operate in a hyper growth environment, create greenfield solutions, and operate with both autonomy and empowerment from senior leadership. This role provides the candidate a great opportunity to learn highly desirable skills such as DevOps support and threat intelligence analysis.
Limited off-hours support is required.
- At least 4 years of experience in an IT support role.
- Prior experience supporting Mac users and mobile devices in a corporate setting.
- Prior experience as a systems administrator is desirable.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Google Workspace, Office 365, Atlassian Cloud, AWS, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems.
- Fundamental understanding of modern security vulnerabilities and system hardening practices.
- Prior experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or incident response is a plus!
- Financial services experience is desirable.
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service and helping others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and comfort coordinating across global office locations.
- Must be a detail oriented and analytical thinker
- Self-directed with the capability to manage concurrent initiatives
- Composed and effective under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Uses good judgment to decide when an issue needs to be escalated
- Strong work ethic and an insatiable desire to learn.
What We Offer
Opportunity to join a well-funded, early-stage FinTech startup. You’ll have a chance to collaborate alongside a brilliant team (consisting of Quant PhDs, world-class engineers, and financial service veterans from companies including AQR, Fidelity, Morgan Stanley, State Street, and BlackRock), and have immediate impact. We offer comprehensive health & dental plans, 401K, unlimited PTO, a flexible work schedule, competitive pay with equity, paid parental leave & more.