Come Build the Future of Investing
NDVR builds and analyzes sophisticated custom portfolios, optimized by advanced algorithms to boost expected return and efficiency. These sophisticated portfolios are delivered within an exceptional client experience that leverages elegant client-facing applications. Our tight-knit team is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with a sizable presence in Budapest, Hungary, and is spearheaded by a tech industry veteran CEO who has led multiple companies from foundation through IPO.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional Senior UI Engineer to join our Core Product Team. This team owns the end-to-end user experience for our web application and is made up of dedicated engineers and designers in both our Budapest and Boston locations.
The Core Product Team collaborates across the world and sometimes in person (get your passport ready!) to deliver usable, lovable interfaces to our customers. Technical challenges for this team include building a frontend that displays the output of an immensely complex backend in an elegant and informative way – something unprecedented in the finance industry.
We aim to build self-organizing teams who face little impediment thanks to weak code ownership – thus some back-end skills are a plus.
What you’ll do
- Take an active role in our approach to technical implementation, working with a wide range of systems, processes, teams and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Partner with our VP of Product Design to create informative, beautiful, and delightful interfaces for our customers
- Build and maintain a robust React component library, enabling the creation of interfaces that are consistent and stable
- Managing the relationship between the front end and our complex core engine
- Be part of an early stage team dedicated to creating the most loved product in finance
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Have an enthusiasm and expertise for working on the Front end (React)
- Uphold high standards across engineering, security, and design
- Pride yourself on your ability to ship high quality code on a short iteration cycle (emphasis on automated testing and continuous delivery)
- Thrive in a culture of modern communication and thus can efficiently and effectively work several days a week remotely and over time-zones
- Have a passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills
- Have a special interest in web application state management, recognizing the difficulties of an asynchronous, networked system. Bonus points if you have interest in the saga pattern.
- Have a strong curiosity about finance and believe that good financial decisions can make real differences in people’s lives
Our Tech Stack
Our product is a single-page React application written in TypeScript (ES2020) and backed by Spring Boot (Java) microservices, providing REST endpoints with auto-generated TypeScript client code run in containers on AWS
What We Offer
Opportunity to join a well-funded, early-stage FinTech startup. You’ll have a chance to collaborate alongside a brilliant team (consisting of Quant PhDs, world-class engineers, and financial service veterans from companies including AQR, Fidelity, Morgan Stanley, State Street, and BlackRock), and have immediate impact. We offer comprehensive health & dental plans, 401K, unlimited PTO, a flexible work schedule, competitive pay with equity, paid parental leave & more.