Opening on: November 7, 2019 at 05:00pm (Shanghai time)
Closing on: December 19, 2019 at 05:00pm (Shanghai time)
Target Market: Global recruitment
Reporting to the Director General and Legal Counsel, this position will assist the Director General and Legal Counsel in providing the Bank with expert and legal advice on matters related to the Bank’s diverse activities including project financing, risk management, treasury, human resources, institutional governance, information technology, administrative services, banking and custodial operations, procurement services, etc. to ensure legal compliance with all applicable regulations, policies, guidelines and standards.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage the operations and activities of the legal function, including providing legal assistance and guidance on sovereign and non-sovereign operations, organisational, financial and administrative matters, and any other delegated tasks, under guidance and direction of the Director General and Legal Counsel.
- Provide expert advice on legal matters in connection with the Bank’s policies and procedures, institutional and administrative issues, privileges and immunities of the Bank and its staff as per agreements with member countries, membership matters, sanctions procedures, information technology, intellectual property, personnel matters, governance matters etc. and managing all aspects of the Bank’s legal compliance.
- Stay abreast of the legislative laws in member countries and anticipate and assess legal risks associated with the activities of the Bank and provide inputs to the Director General and relevant teams and management to mitigate legal risks.
- Conduct due diligence and prepare reports/legal documents to support the Director General in defending the Bank for any legal issues/disputes in national and international courts, arbitration or other legal proceedings.
- Support the Director General and Legal Counsel to nurture talent and coach the team to ensure continuous learning and development of the team.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in the legal area in a regulated private/public sector financial institution or multilateral development bank or equivalent or a large corporate enterprise or leading law firm. Admission to practice law in at least one of the Bank’s member country will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of all legal aspects of the full range of the Bank’s operations, activities, policies and operating procedures in the member countries.
- Proven experience in delivering prudent, consistent and reliable decisions to maintain legal compliance in a complex global organization with exceptional legal drafting and analytical skills.
- Problem-solving, communication, conflict management and resolution and interpersonal skills with high resilience and drive in achieving objectives and goals.
- Relevant experience in a multi-cultural work environment fostering a climate of teamwork and collaboration.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Law from a reputed university.
Please note, this position is being re-advertised. Previous applicants need not apply as their applications will be evaluated together with the new set of applications.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the application form given below. In case you face any technical difficulty in submitting the application form, please email your detailed Curriculum Vitae only in English and Word format along with the required information (Date of Birth, Nationality, Gender, Information on relatives working or associated with NDB, if any, etc.) to email@example.com. Please mention the Position Title you are applying for in the subject of the email.