Opening on: November 6, 2019 at 05:00 pm (Shanghai time)
Closing on: December 18, 2019 at 05:00 pm (Shanghai time)
Target Market: Global recruitment
Reporting to the President, this position is responsible for oversight of all areas related to compliance. These include but are not limited to integrity, fraud control, anti-money laundering, know your customer, anti-bribery and corruption, whistle blower, conflict of interest, reputation, business conduct and ethics and corporate governance. The incumbent will identify and implement best practices to ensure that the Bank remains in full compliance with all applicable regulatory and statutory requirements as well as internal norms and policies.
This position will also have an oversight for operational compliance and effectiveness in the Operations division/function.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Promote a corporate culture in which compliance, fraud risk management, integrity, business conduct and ethics are viewed by all stakeholders as an integral part of the Bank’s core values and are key parameters in all decisions of the Bank.
- Develop, implement and continuously monitor the implementation of various compliance policies, compliance framework, self-regulatory norms and related processes to ensure developmental and operational effectiveness of the Bank.
- Develop, implement and continuously monitor corporate governance policies of the Bank in line with the member country requirements and cascade the guidelines to all concerned stakeholders (both internal and external, if required).
- Oversee and ensure effective management and redressal of all internal and external grievances, whistle blower complaints, code of business conduct and ethics complaints etc. as per applicable policies of the Bank.
- Ensure development and effective implementation of an overall compliance framework that incorporates policy formulation, training, monitoring, testing and reporting of all compliance matters to the Board or its Committee and the President.
- Oversee examinations/investigations/forensics for any compliance violations and initiating actions as per the established policies and norms of the Bank.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability, detect potential violations through forensics/intelligence/monitoring and develop/implement corrective action plan for resolution of current issues and ensure implementation of effective compliance risk management framework to strengthen the overall effectiveness of the Bank.
- To oversee and work in close co-ordination with the Operations division/function for operational compliance.
- Evaluate new laws and regulations and stay abreast of all legislative and regulatory developments both locally and globally that might have an impact on the Bank and continuously improve existing policies and processes.
- Nurture talent and coach the team to ensure continuous learning and development of the team.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience, culminating in a leadership role, in a multilateral development bank or equivalent or regulated private/public sector financial institution or a regulatory agency with experience in at least one of the areas of compliance, risk management or internal audit.
- In-depth knowledge of internationally recognized corporate governance, whistle blower, conflict of interest, business conduct, ethics and integrity standards.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills in managing a diverse workforce.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, leading change, problem solving, communication, conflict management and resolution and interpersonal skills with high resilience and drive in achieving objectives and goals.
- Relevant experience in a multi-cultural work environment fostering a climate of team work and collaboration.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant professional field from a reputed university or a professionally qualified accountant. Relevant certification/s from globally recognized certification agencies in the related field would be preferred.
Please note, this position is being re-advertised. Previous applicants need not apply as their applications will be evaluated together with the new set of applications.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the application form given below. In case you face any technical difficulty in submitting the application form, please email your detailed Curriculum Vitae only in English and Word format along with the required information (Date of Birth, Nationality, Gender, Information on relatives working or associated with NDB, if any, etc.) to email@example.com. Please mention the Position Title you are applying for in the subject of the email.