Who is NCX?
- The trusted, number one provider of American-made forest carbon credits.
- Rapidly growing and backed by top investors including Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, Union Square Ventures, Microsoft’s Climate Innovation Fund, and Version One Ventures. We’ve already doubled in size once this year and are on track for another doubling before the end of the year.
- Creating tangible impact in communities across the US: see what our Landowners and Business partners say about us.
Our technology enables net-zero pioneers like Microsoft to pay landowners to delay timber harvests. Together, we’ve generated an expected climate impact driven by the incremental sequestration of approximately 600,000 metric tons of carbon in the first half of 2021 alone. Join us in shaping the future of forestry and climate economics and see what the world is saying about us.
Our Goal: Create a Massive Positive Environmental Global Impact
We’re democratizing access to forest carbon markets and fighting climate change - that’s no small feat. But our ambition doesn’t stop there.
Up next: wildlife habitats, fire risk reduction, water resources, and more. We are building new economic mechanisms to fully understand and fairly value forests.
At NCX, you will have a massive impact on shaping our growth, culture, and product to best serve our customers all while combating climate change.
Do the Best Work of Your Life
NCX is looking for an HR Coordinator to join our quickly growing People Operations team. As the Human Resources Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for providing operational and administrative support to the People Operations department, as well as support recruiting and onboarding of new hires. This role is best for someone who is detail oriented, an effective communicator, and a team player. If you’re interested in joining the fight against climate change we encourage you to apply!
What You’ll Do
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files
- Reconciles benefits statements
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action
- Assists with processing of terminations
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Head of People
- Assists with new employee onboarding
- Files documents into appropriate employee files
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested
- Prepares new-employee files
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Sound Like You?
- 2+ years of experience in HR or related field
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
- Proficient with G-Suite and Asana, experience working with PEO’s and payroll a plus
Earn an equity stake in a fast-growing, well capitalized start-up.
Setting You Up for Success
- 100% fully remote workforce
- Full technology support
- $1,000 budget for home office set up
Generous Time Off and Perks
- 20 vacation days 15 company holidays
- Flexible parental leave
- Annual in-person All Hands meetings
NCX is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States