Who is NCX?
- The trusted, number one provider of American-made forest carbon credits.
- Rapidly growing and backed by top investors including Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, Union Square Ventures, Microsoft’s Climate Innovation Fund, and Version One Ventures. We’ve already doubled in size once this year and are on track for another doubling before the end of the year.
- Creating tangible impact in communities across the US: see what our Landowners and Business partners say about us.
Our technology enables net-zero pioneers like Microsoft to pay landowners to delay timber harvests. Together, we’ve generated an expected climate impact driven by the incremental sequestration of approximately 600,000 metric tons of carbon in the first half of 2021 alone. Join us in shaping the future of forestry and climate economics and see what the world is saying about us.
Our Goal: Create a Massive Positive Environmental Global Impact
We’re democratizing access to forest carbon markets and fighting climate change - that’s no small feat. But our ambition doesn’t stop there.
Up next: wildlife habitats, fire risk reduction, water resources, and more. We are building new economic mechanisms to fully understand and fairly value forests.
At NCX, you will have a massive impact on shaping our growth, culture, and product to best serve our customers all while combating climate change.
Do the Best Work of Your Life
Do you have a passion for building a more sustainable future? Are you an expert in designing and delivering intuitive and engaging user experiences? Our rapidly growing Engineering team is looking for a Product Designer to take user experience at NCX to the next level. As both an experienced UX practitioner and skilled designer, you will lead our efforts to craft delightful user experiences that enable landowner success on our platform. You will partner across Engineering, Product, and US Origination teams to set the standard for UX and design at NCX. As our first dedicated Product Designer, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the future of our platform from an early stage.
What You'll Do
- Establish a strong foundation of UX guidelines to inform our product development
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product management to define the experience and design to deliver on product vision
- Own end-to-end user experience and all aspects of design execution from ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to final production
- Help identify experiments to reduce user friction and improve funnel throughput
- Communicate and share your design solutions in the context of user scenarios and goals
Sound Like You?
- Passionate about leveraging your professional skills to address climate change
- Bachelor's degree in design related field, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in product design, UX research, interaction design, visual design or similar roles
- Strong portfolio demonstrating thorough and polished end to end user experience designs, preferably including consumer experiences
- Proven track record of working within a product team to ship successful products to users
- Awareness of patterns, best practices, and design standards across platforms (web and mobile)
- Ability to own design process end-to-end from concept to implementation
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other design assets
- Enjoy working within a small, fast paced environment directly with engineers and product managers
- Fluency in Figma and prototyping tools
- Ability to clearly articulate and present your design and motivating factors
Earn an equity stake in a fast-growing, well capitalized start-up.
Setting You Up for Success
- 100% fully remote workforce
- Full technology support
- $1,000 budget for home office set up
Generous Time Off and Perks
- 20 vacation days 15 company holidays
- Flexible parental leave
- Annual in-person All Hands meetings
NCX is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States