Who is NCX?
- The trusted, number one provider of American-made forest carbon credits.
- Rapidly growing and backed by top investors including Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, Union Square Ventures, Microsoft’s Climate Innovation Fund, and Version One Ventures. We’ve already doubled in size once this year and are on track for another doubling before the end of the year.
- Creating tangible impact in communities across the US: see what our Landowners and Business partners say about us.
Our technology enables net-zero pioneers like Microsoft to pay landowners to delay timber harvests. Together, we’ve generated an expected climate impact driven by the incremental sequestration of approximately 600,000 metric tons of carbon in the first half of 2021 alone. Join us in shaping the future of forestry and climate economics and see what the world is saying about us.
Our Goal: Create a Massive Positive Environmental Global Impact
We’re democratizing access to forest carbon markets and fighting climate change - that’s no small feat. But our ambition doesn’t stop there.
Up next: wildlife habitats, fire risk reduction, water resources, and more. We are building new economic mechanisms to fully understand and fairly value forests.
At NCX, you will have a massive impact on shaping our growth, culture, and product to best serve our customers all while combating climate change.
Do the Best Work of Your Life
NCX’s Program team is looking for an innovative and motivated individual to join our fast growing company as a Certification Project Lead. You will report directly to the NCX Program Director and collaborate with several other internal members to ensure the certified project development is as high-quality and efficient as possible. You will work to proactively build partnerships with validation and verification bodies, build and manage our project operations, and play an integral role in the issuance of certified carbon credits and their delivery to our buyers. You are a team player who is ready and eager to grow all aspects of the NCX product and market landscape. You are willing to roll-up your sleeves, iterate quickly, and help shape the systems, processes, and culture of our team.
What You'll Do:
- Lead certified project development, translating NCX forest landowner activities in the US and abroad into the issuance of registry-listed credits
- Build and manage operational systems to support NCX engagement with certification stakeholders, especially registries (e.g. Verra) and project validators/verifiers
- Drive efficiency through innovative project structuring and strategic relationship development
- Identify and manage risks associated with project development
- Collaborate with Sustainability team on new methodology development, including in non-US geographies, afforestation/reforestation, and ecosystem services beyond carbon sequestration
- Execute registry transactions on behalf of NCX and our customers
- Collaborate with our buyer and landowner Product teams to integrate registry-like features into the NCX platform
Sound Like You?
- 5+ years experience in carbon project development, forestry/forest carbon preferred
- Close familiarity with carbon standards and methodologies, particularly Verra/VCS and/or IFM methodologies
- Existing relationships with validation/verification bodies a plus
- Proficiency in technical communications
- Project management fluency: managing timelines, priorities, and resources across departments to drive project success and efficiency
- Desire to innovate and drive efficiencies in project development processes
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in and continually grow in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Passionate about tackling climate change or environmental conservation
Earn an equity stake in a fast-growing, well capitalized start-up.
Setting You Up for Success
- 100% fully remote workforce
- Full technology support
- $1,000 budget for home office set up
Generous Time Off and Perks
- 20 vacation days 15 company holidays
- Flexible parental leave
- Annual in-person All Hands meetings
NCX is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.