NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
WHY JOIN THE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT TEAM?
- You love discussing with data. We love getting our hands dirty with data to understanding every aspect of user behavior, identify pain points and provide engaging experiences.
- You enjoy solving challenging problems. Ambiguous problems are our friends. You clarify problems into solvable pieces, identify solutions and communicate clearly with teams and stakeholders.
- You lead without authorities. We are comfortable leading cross-functional teams without authority, communicating with various stakeholders and resolve conflicts. We practice empathy for everyone not only for customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Sr. Manager, Product Management, you will guide and drive various strategies including, but not limited to market approach, user behavior analysis, monetization, and various live operations activities for triple-A multi-platform games. You will utilize an understanding of the competitor and market landscape, along with qualitative and quantitative data to optimize your game through new features, in-game events, promotions, and economy balancing. You will own the success of your product from the launch to live operations, working with other stakeholders to develop high level strategy and drive execution. As a senior member of the team, you will provide leadership and guidance to the broader team and your fellow PMs.
- Analyze game products and develop proposals to improve the products
- Lead Westernization efforts for the games from Asia
- Develop detailed proposals for game rebalancing, design changes, etc for the game to success in the market
- Collaborate with individuals and teams across all disciplines to create long term, large-scale project schedules, budget resources, drive milestones, and scope the project
- This includes, but not limited to defining scopes of launching specs, live updates and other deployments
- Lead various teams such as QA, DevOps, Localization and so on to align and achieve the same goals
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the product lifecycles
- Identify risks in advance to minimize impacts on the product lifecycles
- Lead related stakeholders to develop policies and work processes to address specific risks and perform after-incident recoveries
- Remove blocking issues and keep all the stakeholders up-to-date to minimize communication risks and costs
- Help guide the strategy for the product, new features, and acquisition of new users
- Build models and forecasts to prioritize and predict the impact of new features for new games and live games that you are assigned to
- Leverage user research, market research, and analytics data to build a deep understanding for the game and the players, identifying ways to further grow strengths and bolster against weaknesses
- Continuously research the existing market and competitive space in order to hold an intelligent, informed opinion on major risks and opportunities for the product
- Manage overall monetization strategy of the game through events, price optimization, and game balance
- Set goals and expectations for new features, events, and promotions
- Work with the data analytics team to define and measure KPIs and metrics, create dashboards, and monitor game performance
- Analyze user data, evaluating the success of existing operations and new opportunities for game features or further optimizations
- Report regularly on the health and success of the product
- Develop and implement new monetization systems and items and adjust product business model in order to generate and improve revenue
- Drive and own new features, collaborating with other stakeholders to find optimal solutions and ensuring that the execution and implementation of the feature continues to align with the strategy for the feature and the high level strategy for the product
- Evaluate current and proposed features for their impact on KPIs
- Build models to forecast player engagement and behavior around game systems
- Lead Product Managers/Producers to develop game strategies and operational adjustments for live games
- Lead Product Managers/Producers in monetization design, the competitor space, and best practices in development, analysis and research
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Have an extensive knowledge in MMORPG genre
- Strong presentation skills including documentation
- Deep knowledge of the online free-to-play games from user data analysis to monetization planning
- Passion for games and desire to create fun and engaging online experiences.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of game design fundamentals with the ability to prioritize feature and content improvements, earn influence across teams and regions, and deliver
- measurable product improvements to a live product
- Strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills with a proven track record of working in successful teams
- Analytical skills – comfortable with a wide range of industry standard analysis
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration (or equivalent experience); MBA or graduate degree in relevant field is a plus, but not required
- Game development experiences on the game design side would be a plus; level design, system design, and such