WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative, and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
The Network Engineering team is responsible for maintaining a robust, secure, and optimized corporate and production infrastructure.
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN appliances, VoIP phone systems, wireless access, and data center environments including major Cloud Providers
- Work with other operations and engineering teams to develop a secure network environment
- Install, configure, and monitor core network services such as fail-over, load balancing, caching, peering, and multi-homing
- Implement, evaluate, and monitor security configurations for protecting the network including DDoS mitigation
- Provision new lines, network addresses, VPNs, AWS VPCs, and other related services
- Maintain ownership of projects and ongoing issues
- Follow policy and procedures for change control
- Participate in our on-call rotation for emergency and high priority issues that may require onsite or remote troubleshooting
- Familiar with troubleshooting and routing physical fiber and copper cables and occasionally terminating copper twisted pair cables per TIA or ISO standards
- Occasional travel is required
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
- At least 5 years Network Engineering experience
- CCNA certification with progress towards CCNP
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to interface with end users on a regular basis
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Experience working in or with a medium to large size datacenter and Cloud providers such as AWS and Azure.
- Demonstrable experience with Cisco and Juniper switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Demonstrable experience with Linux and Microsoft operating systems and applications
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with the following technologies: Ethernet, T1, TCP/IP, ICMP, UDP, QoS, FCoE, AWS VPCs, Load balancers, BGP, HSRP, OSPF, EIGRP, 802.1x, LACP/802.3ad, 802.1q, and VRRP
- Python or other scripting experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION:
- Work is usually performed in an office setting and could involve sitting, standing, and/or walking for long periods of time throughout the day
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- This position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, internal and external customer needs, diversity in the organization, and tight deadlines.