NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same.
We are looking for a Business Development Associate/Principal to foster partnerships, manage deal pipeline, perform market research, due diligence and conduct financial analysis. As a member of the Business Development team, you will work closely with our Chief Strategy Officer and the investment team in Korea.
You will have an exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on the strategy to broaden NCSOFT’s strategic priorities in the gaming sector. Your responsibilities will include driving the necessary business insights and establishing meaningful strategic and technical relationships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Source, evaluate, and support companies in the gaming and related content vertical
- Continuously monitor market trends and the competitive landscape to help identify new business opportunities and maintain an understanding of the future of gaming and technology related to gaming
- Build and maintain a network of industry relationships
- Evaluate partnership opportunities, performing a range of qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Understand corporate priorities and liaise with corporate development and R&D
- Work with key internal stakeholders to executing the strategic business development plan.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management teams regarding progress and roadblocks to achieving NCSOFT’s goals in the gaming ecosystem.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ years of work experience in tech startup investment ecosystem, corporate development in entertainment and content companies, consulting, venture capital, private equity and/or investment banking
- Combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities described above.
- Understanding of recent tech trends in entertainment and content industries
- Analytical, problem-solving and collaboration skills with a strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a concise and digestible way.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluent in Korean
- Passion for games
- Financial and valuation skills and IT/management consulting experience
- Game design background