The Sr. Compensation & Benefits Analyst is responsible for maintaining HR systems related to our Compensation and Benefit programs, including setup, maintenance, record keeping, reporting and compliance. The role will set up our systems to manage our annual compensation reviews, train managers and employees on system use, participate in salary planning, and bonus cycles, and manage our relationships with survey providers including completing annual submissions. This role is also responsible for managing the relationship with our benefit broker, coordinating annual renewals, facilitating open enrollment, and providing support to employees on benefits. As a member of the HR Operations Team, this employee will participate in other special projects as needed.
- Build strong consultative and collaborative relationships with our managers and employees by providing accurate and timely information regarding compensation and benefits programs.
- Identify and execute on process improvements for compensation and benefits workflows with a focus on reducing manual processes and creating the best experience for employees involved in the process.
- Ensure data integrity in our compensation and benefit systems through accurate administrative processes.
- Participate in implementation of recurring programs such as annual focal, mid-year processes, bonuses, survey benchmarking, pay grade maintenance, annual renewal, open enrollment, and others while applying a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Administer employee benefit programs such as retirement plans, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, temporary disability, wellness, voluntary benefits, leave of absence, employee discount programs and Employee Assistance Program.
- Manages day-to-day operations, including vendor relationships, contract compliance, and escalation of issues
- Use data to monitor trends and recommend program plan changes as necessary to keep pace with the market.
- Engage cross-functionally with business partners providing oversight of compensation and benefits programs, budget and expenses.
- Maintain knowledge of and analyze government regulations, program trends, and prevailing practices and market competitiveness among similar organizations.
- Will assist in plan design, position and job family analysis and monitor and report key compensation and benefit KPI’s.
- Ensure compliance of compensation, benefit, and retirement program administration with federal, state, and local rules and regulations; and associated regulatory reporting requirements.
- Coordinate health, welfare and 401k benefits processing. Monitor and audit employee information ensuring all benefits data in HR and vendor systems is accurate.
- Reconcile benefit invoices against employee data and submit for payment in a timely manner Assist in the management of the benefits plan renewal process and serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Analyze participation and utilization for all benefits on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Analyzes benefits experience for cost-control and risk-assessment factors.
- Analyze organizational pay practices, survey benchmarking and make recommendations for salary changes to ensure equity.
- Work with HR Business Partners and Recruiters to accurately document jobs and qualifications. Conduct job analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines.
- Administer benchmark survey participation and data compilation.
- Own the leave management process, partnering with manager, payroll, employees and third parties to ensure time is tracked and processed accurately.
- Partner with managers, HR Business Partners, and Employee Health and Safety (EHS) on worker’s compensation cases and accommodation requests
- 5 years of experience in a similar role with a focus on compensation and benefits
- Experience handling confidential information
- Working knowledge of HR compliance
- Strong systems skills: knowledge of ADP WFN preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong customer service experience and skills
- Self-Starter - able to work with minimal direction
- Demonstrated problem solving, and time management skills
- Team Player - willing to do whatever is necessary to get the job done
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects & priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented is a must
- Experience with PayScale is a plus