Who We Are
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers, with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same.
We are seeking a talented Systems Engineer to join our team.
Why join the Systems Engineering Team?
- Are you looking for a team where your voice matters? Our Systems Engineers are trusted to be experts in their field. You'll research and implement the most innovative solutions to the problems that come with running the complex distributed systems our players depend on.
- Do you look for every opportunity to tune and automate your systems? We're on call but that doesn't mean we like getting called. We look for every chance to tune or automate away all the reasons to be woken by the NOC.
- Are you looking for a job where you'll make a difference? Using your depth and breadth of technical experience you'll be directly responsible for the health and performance of our live games.
- Do you enjoy working in a collaborative environment? It takes more than just an operations team to run multiple MMOs. We work with several talented engineering and operations teams to keep our games running smoothly.
Things you'll be responsible for:
- Keeping the infrastructure that run our games humming along through continuous tuning and automation.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining fault tolerant systems to pay off technical debt and solve the new problems we face as a growing company.
- Collaborating with the Security Operations team to ensure that every system is as secure and compliant as possible while still respecting the needs of the studio, the players, and regulatory authorities.
- Validating and improving upon existing disaster recovery plans to prove that backups work.
- Ensuring the platform that our players depend on remains available, maintaining 99.999% uptime.
- Authoring and maintaining operational and design documentation to ensure every member of the team is set up for success.
- Collaborating with Engineering and Operations teams to deliver valuable solutions to our players and the studio.
- Cross training with your teammates and other staff of the Technical Operations Department.
- Striving to build a fully automated, self-healing production environment so the team has fewer reasons to wake up at 3am.
- Participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation with the rest of your team.
Tech and skills we use:
- System administration, tuning, and automation
- Database, web, and mail server administration
- SAN administration
- Systems and application monitoring
- Scripting languages such as PowerShell and Python
- Managed cloud services
- Fault tolerant distributed system design
- Configuration management
Certs or curriculum we value:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
Open to remote work.