WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same.
We are looking for a Product Analyst to provide NCSOFT’s business, operations, and product teams with detailed analyses on games, genres, and markets, assess opportunities for innovation during product development, and evaluate strategies to drive growth and excellence across NCSOFT’s product portfolio.
This is a 12 month contract position
WHY JOIN THE BUSINESS SERVICES TEAM?
- You are passionate about helping find unique products in today’s market. We’re always looking for new and exciting projects for today’s market, whether they’re from an internal team or from a 3rd party development partner.
- You are a data junkie who enjoys the numbers behind the games as much as you like playing them. We feel that decisions for our business need to be informed by data, whenever possible. We use high quality market data combined with game development knowledge and experience to provide our analyses.
- You like analyzing what makes combat mechanics or content flow fun. Combat models, reward mechanisms, social features, and other features developed for today’s audiences are as critical for product success than the business model the title uses.
- You enjoy having the capability to influence company and/or product direction. We provide our analyses to development, publishing, and corporate teams and work together on our products and opportunities to help shape the future of NCSOFT.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Analyze consumer market data and prepare reports to help assess opportunities and support marketing strategies.
- Prepare product evaluation reports that assess a game’s design, feature innovations, audience, development risks, genre competition, and rough market sizing (and more) for distribution to executive and product team stakeholders.
- Communicate market impacts and trends to shape product development and provide strategy recommendations for overall product design, business model, and post-launch support.
- Provides guidance on product platform and release timelines for the NCSOFT West portfolio.
- Executes consumer & brand studies on behalf of Publishing personnel on request.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 4+ years’ experience in game development, game publishing, product management, and/or data analytics
- Deep understanding of the video games industry across multiple platforms (mobile, PC, console) and genres
- Creative thinker with excellent data-driven approach
- Ability to present complex findings to varied groups in a digestible format
- Experience working with multi-functional and/or multi-project teams
NICE TO HAVES
- Gameplay experience with NCSOFT games, products, and services
- Monetization systems or business model development experience
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- We recommend you provide a list of the games you have been playing recently with commentary on the games you have enjoyed