WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
WHY JOIN THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM?
- You are a passionate gamer. You will join us in supporting multiple AAA titles. We are all gamers and we love helping our fellow players!
- You enjoy creating positive user experiences. This is at the core of what we do. You think about how we best prevent players from having to contact us and how to make their interactions with our team seamless. You learn from negative feedback and get satisfaction from positive outcomes.
- You love a challenge. You will encounter daily opportunities to overcome new challenges and problems. You thrive in a fast-pasted, high-volume work environment.
- You love to share your knowledge and experience. We know our games and our player base inside and out and we leverage that knowledge to drive improvement. You are good at finding ways to best impart your knowledge to internal teams and our customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the Game Support Lead, you will make sure the game support team delivers best-in-class support to our players, using a variety of support channels.
As an ideal candidate, you have a passion for video games and a genuine love for music and music games. You are an experienced customer support professional who understands what it takes to deliver the best player experience possible. You know your way around social media management and have experience streaming video game content online. You can familiarize yourself with new content and become a product expert in a short period of time.
- As the game support subject matter expert, you will be the first point of contact for various internal and external teams.
- You will respond to customers via email, phone, or chat whenever the need arises, and handle customer escalations from support agents.
- You will ensure that customer responses, internal procedures, training documentation, knowledge base articles and game guides for players are kept updated and relevant.
- You will communicate procedures, provide training, and continually champion good customer service practices to game support staff, both internally and with external vendors.
- You will ensure high-quality support is delivered in line with service levels set by management.
- You will recommend and implement changes to game support policies and procedures based on customer feedback and quality review processes.
- You will make sure game bugs are reported to the QA team and followed-up in a timely manner.
- You will provide helpful content to the player base via various communication channels, including the support site, social media and live streaming.
- You will use key CS metrics to provide recommendations to customer support management on how to improve the service.
- You will be asked to complete tasks and projects by management that may not fall into the scope of the daily routine.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Passionate commitment to satisfying customers’ needs.
- A passion for video games and love of music.
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-pasted, high-volume work environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze situations and provide strategic direction to a team.
- Ability to deal with high stress situations and manage irate customers.
- Scheduling flexibility including nights, weekends, and holiday hours.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, including those who speak English as a second language.
- Ability to travel domestically both within the United States and internationally outside of the United States
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Experience in a contact center environment.
- Experience with video game content streaming and social media management.
- Prior experience in a leadership or supervisory position.
- Experience with a customer support ticketing system. Zendesk experience a plus.
- Background in music production or DJing or proficiency with musical instruments.
- Experience with managing remote and vendor teams highly desirable.
- 2+ years of experience managing MMORPG Support.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the games industry.
- Proficiency in a second language.