WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
WHO YOU ARE
The QA Lead Analyst is the gatekeeper for the health and quality of the game. They work with the different development teams to ensure the quality of the final product. They will run a small team and work with outsource vendors, coordinating all of the Quality Assurance for the project.
ABOUT OUR QA TEAM
ArenaNet QA is a tight knit group of people who love gaming, are proud of their role, and delight in ensuring the game is the best it can possibly be for our players. We are embedded in development teams, but still meet weekly to talk about what we’re doing and get updates on all the projects. We have each other’s back, jumping in when help is needed and being a source of expertise and camaraderie within the QA Department. There is a constant request for FroYo at our weekly meetings that has yet to appear, but the team still has hope!
WHAT YOU'LL DO include at least the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. The ideal candidate will:
- Design software plans
- Be responsible for for all QA milestone signoffs
- Manage a small team of QA Analysts through the lifetime of the game, including post launch content
- Understand the QA needs of the game and assign areas of responsibility to QA Analysts
- Attend and participate in reviews and playtests
- Ensure documentation standards are upheld
- Work closely with Production to ensure that schedules are met, and risks are communicated promptly
- Work with an outsource vendor coordinating QA between the internal and external teams
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Able to proactively analyze, identify, and communicate problems effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional manner and ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure, team environment
- Familiarity with standard practices and procedures in the game quality assurance field
- Above average Excel competency
- Ability to train others using both in-person and long-distance methods such as email, phone, or video conferencing
- Passion for games
- 5+ years working in an QA capacity
- Shipped at least one console game title as QA
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience in a leadership or supervisory position
- Understanding of how game development works, the tradeoffs and hard decisions that are made before launch
- Experience with Games as a Service
Physical Demands of Position:
- Work is usually performed in an office setting and could involve sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time throughout the day.
- This position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, internal and external customer needs, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines, and workload.