WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
WHY JOIN THE i18n TEAM?
- You can deliver a AAA player experience through high quality localization. This requires both a high degree of creativity and the problem solving skills needed to create a streamlined process from localization to linguistic QA.
- You can help players immerse themselves in the story and game world. You make characters come to life in a game world that is vivid and energetic by using contextualization and creative rewriting to ensure that all in-game text and voice recordings are fun, unique, and easily understood.
- You can serve as a bridge between content and players by building connections across cross-cultural gaps. Localization goes beyond translation. Through the process of internalization and culturalization it builds bridges between cultures to ensure that all players can connect the game world to the world they live in.
- You enjoy working on a group project as a helpful team member. The Localization process involves multiple vendors, teams, and processes as well as several special internal and external tools. Through collaboration and clear communication, you can learn how all the pieces of the orchestra come together to make a harmony.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are seeking an experienced Spanish Localization Editor to join one of the world’s most successful online MMO game studios. The Spanish Localization Editor provides language services for NCSOFT. In this role you will report directly to the Localization Manager and works closely with internal and external linguistic Editors and Translators to research and resolve language issues. You must be familiar with standard Quality Assurance applications and be a team player. Perfect candidate should be able to translate, edit, proofread all assets including patch notes, security and marketing content in Spanish language and have a passion for MMORPGs.
- Review and update Spanish game content terminology in conjunction with vendors.
- Make sure all game and company glossaries are up-to-date and relevant, both in terms of gaming specificities and of language quality.
- Proofread/edit all text and script assets.
- Perform emergency and creative translations into Spanish as needed.
- Perform localization QA as needed.
- Resolve localization bugs.
- Ensure the game meets our internal/external quality goals.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Native Castilian Spanish speaker with excellent Spanish spelling and grammar.
- Experience with computer aided translation tools and systems.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills in English.
- Excellent prioritization, organizational skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Proactive and positive approach to work.
- Passion for video games (with an emphasis on RPGs).
Nice to have skills
- Experience in game localization, game QA, or related work experience.
- MMO player candidates will score bonus points.
- Familiarity with legal text review.