WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
WHY JOIN THE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE PLATFORM TEAM?
- We are a passionate and positive team that is always working on new data engineering technology and exciting projects including new game launches.
- We feel team members are most effective in working on what they are passionate about. We are all capable of working on any given project, and often shift tasks based on preference.
- We own the data platform, contributing to the design, implementation, and maintenance of these data services so we aren’t shy about experimenting with new tech. However, we take a measured approach in order to minimize introducing unnecessary technical debt.
- We collaborate with Analytics, Game Development, Platform and Publishing teams. Our data platform supports all kinds of data in an efficient environment that helps with analysis, customer care and company wide data-driven decisions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Data Engineer, you’ll be responsible for gathering and collecting data, storing it, doing batch processing or real-time processing on it, and serving it to data scientists and data analysts to easily query.
- Understanding data source (10%)
- Develop data processes for construction, mining, and modeling that are delivered to the data analyst/science team (30%)
- Create large data warehouses by running some ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) that is used for analysis by the analyst/scientists (30%)
- Install continuous pipelines of huge pools of filtered information so that data analyst/scientists can pull relevant data sets for their analyses (20%)
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures such as databases and large-scale data processing systems (10%)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of day-to-day working experience as data engineer
- Experience with object-oriented and functional programming languages: Python, Scala etc.
- Experience with RDBMS (MS-SQL, MYSQL etc.) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.)
- Experience with Big Data query and application knowledge: Hive, Impala, Fluentd, Spark, Sqoop, Pig etc.
- Experience with ETL and data integration tool : Airflow, Informatica PowerCenter
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, EMR, Glue, RedShift, Athena etc.
- Proficiency in general database administration concepts and efficient query writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eagerness to continually improve your skills, learn new technologies a willingness to take initiative beyond basic responsibilities
This is a full time, on-site position at our office in Aliso Viejo, CA. A casual, friendly work environment, a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT West a great place to work.