WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is one of the leading gaming publishers in the world. At NCSOFT West, we manage the portfolio, initiatives and game services across the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Together we operate many of the most successful and influential massively multiplayer online games in the industry, welcoming hundreds of millions of players daily into exciting living worlds for extraordinary adventures.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
NCSOFT West is currently seeking a talented, highly motivated, and passionate Localization Project Manager to join our team.
The role of the Localization PM is to work in tandem with the Localization department and perform project management duties to support the completion of projects. The position participates during all phases of the project management process. Under the guidance of the Localization Manager, the Localization PM schedules and conducts project meetings, communicate assignments with other departments and track completion of project deliverables to ensure quality and integrity of all project-related products. The Localization PM will work closely with the Localization Manager for coordinating all aspects of localization for a specified project from initial development through to delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include at least the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Ownership of the game localization schedule and all localization assets, ensuring the achievement of all milestones from project kick off to the archiving of data.
- Work with Producers and QA to monitor key milestones on their respective projects.
- Provide full visibility on project status and budget forecasts to the Director of Internationalization.
- Proactively develop a good working relationship with each geographic territory, ensuring good communication within the team and with all involved parties.
- Assist with terminology management using MemoQ.
- Control the integrity of localized software components using industry standard tools and practices.
- Communicate with outside agencies and 3rd party publishers to provide feedback and set guidelines on localization direction to ensure on time deliveries of all assets with highest quality standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of professional game publishing project management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible working ability within tight deadlines, technical limitations, and/or established story constraints.
- Knowledge and understanding of RPGs and a strong interest in localization of narrative.
- Positive attitude toward constructive criticism and collaborative creative work.
- Skilled with basic software programs (Microsoft Office, etc.) and the ability to learn new ones quickly.
- Ability to use localization tool SDL Trados or MemoQ.
- Ability to question the given and think outside the box.
- Meticulous eye for detail and a solid foundation of linguistic excellence.
- Proven people/schedule management abilities.
- In-depth understanding of industry standard software localization processes.
- Attention to detail and impeccable grammar a must.
- Knowledge of revision control systems such as Perforce.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Creative writing experience in a professional setting.
- Native language skills in Castilian Spanish or Simplified Chinese.
- Familiar with CAT tools such as memoQ
- Familiarity with GW2 is a plus