NCSOFT® established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, is one of the leading gaming publishers in the world. At NCSOFT West, we develop new games, manage our existing game portfolio, initiatives and game services across the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Together we operate many of the most successful and influential massively multiplayer online games in the industry, welcoming hundreds of millions of players daily into exciting living worlds for extraordinary adventures.
The QA Lead works with the QA Manager to implement policies and procedures for our functional testing team. As second-in-command for the functional QA team, the QA Lead will be responsible for helping with training and mentoring of testers, as well as daily tasking and monitoring of the team that they are assigned. Additionally the QA Lead helps to ensure that all assigned products meet or exceed the quality levels set by NCSOFT and its subsidiaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include at least the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. The ideal candidate will:
- Assist the QA Manager in building and training the functional Quality Assurance team
- Monitor the work of testers to ensure quality and efficiency
- Create and maintain constant communication and positive working relationships between QA and the developers
- Prioritize daily operational tasks required to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide the QA team with test plans for testing where applicable
- Help the QA Manager to develop policies and procedures to increase the effectiveness of the team
- Keep all testers up-to-date on changes of policy and procedure, along with all game updates
- Work with the QA Manager to shift resource allocation as needed.
- Provide management with metrics, analyses, and other relevant reports regarding the quality of testing work.
- Complete QA ownership and knowledge of assigned project.
- Main point of contact for all QA issues relating to assigned project.
- Able to proactively analyze, identify, and communicate problems effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional manner and ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure, team environment
- Familiarity with standard practices and procedures in the MMORPG quality assurance field
- Familiarity with PC gaming and multiplayer online gaming including experience with the current generation of MMO titles
- Familiarity with MS Office products
- Ability to train others using both in-person and long distance methods such as email, phone, or video conferencing
- Schedule flexibility
- 3+ years working in an internal QA capacity
- Prior experience in a leadership or supervisory position
- Previous MMO testing experience preferred
- ISTQB experience is a plus.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Work is usually performed in an office setting and could involve sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time throughout the day.
- This position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, internal and external customer needs, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines, and workload.
This is a full time, on-site position in Aliso Viejo, CA. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT West a great place to work.