WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is one of the leading gaming publishers in the world. At NCSOFT West, we manage the portfolio, initiatives and game services across the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Together we operate many of the most successful and influential massively multiplayer online games in the industry, welcoming hundreds of millions of players daily into exciting living worlds for extraordinary adventures.
NCSOFT West is currently seeking a talented, highly motivated, and passionate Manager, Events & Partnerships to join our team. The Manager, Events & Partnerships will be responsible for the amplification of our brands, studios and overall organization through creating and producing experiences that excite our biggest fans, celebrate our community and appeal to new players worldwide. This role is also an opportunity to learn or enhance your existing abilities around brand amplification through partnership and licensing in order to transform our brand from gaming IP’s into full blown entertainment properties. This role interacts with multiple teams within NCSOFT globally so adaptability, a can-do attitude and strong drive to get things done is imperative.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Produce and manage a variety of special events and productions throughout the year, from beginning to end, that include program development, creative and scenic design, event strategy, thematic development, event planning and production, general session production, script and presentation management, visual support (graphic and video elements), entertainment, general meeting planning, site selection & venue management, event survey and evaluation, food and beverage management, complete staging technical design / production, budget management, and all event operational logistics.
Support the goals and objectives set forth by the department, event and client. Support the department lead with other special projects as directed. This may include supporting event elements for other team member projects, creative concept brainstorming, and client management.
Be an expert on various event venues, event and audio-visual technologies, innovative event design, event support resources and industry trends.
Events will be in both Europe and North America.
Licensing & Partnerships
Manage and lias between our agency of record and the rest of the NCSOFT Marketing Organization
Maintain and grow professional relationships with Licensors & Partners
Obtain and track key components of partnership & licensing deals including term sheets, contracts and milestones of all necessary approvals
Coordinate with partners & licensors and route all necessary communication with internal marketing team leads
Collaborate with Brand Marketing to align on all brand strategies for new and existing game development implementing in order to adhere toward our partner & licensing guidelines
Create custom decks and proposals for all potential partnership or licensing pitch meetings
The Manager, Events & Partnerships will report to the Senior Manager, Events & Partnerships in Bellevue, WA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, music, theatre, hospitality management, marketing, business or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5 years consistent event experience and hold a bachelor’s degree
- Experience and/or strong desire to learn entertainment licensing and partnerships
- Proven track record of successfully producing a range of events ranging from small grassroots executions to complex multi-day media and consumer experiences
- Exceptional attention to detail, are passionate about engaging and delighting our fans and are driven to innovate
- Ability to adapt to different working cultures and styles as well as an open, friendly and proactive communication approach with different stakeholders
- Highly collaborative and motivating team player who is not shy to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Deep understanding of event production and can identify and mitigate risks with robust and detailed planning
- Strong communication & negotiation skills
- Ability to influence, inspire, and motivate at all levels within an organization where varying opinions are the norm as well as external partner through good judgement and outstanding communication skills
- Global travel is required, particularly during the busy event season
- North American event experience a plus, but not a requirement
- Must be fluent in English, additional European languages is an advantage (German preferable)
Please note that only applications made in English will be considered and must be accompanied by a letter of motivation as well as a current CV. Please also state salary expectations.
As a matter of courtesy we look to respond to all applications within five working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not been contacted within five working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCSOFT
This is a full time, on-site position at our offices in London, England. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT West a great place to work.