WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT® established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, is one of the leading gaming publishers in the world. At NCSOFT West, we develop new games, manage our existing game portfolio, initiatives and game services across the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Together we operate many of the most successful and influential massively multiplayer online games in the industry, welcoming hundreds of millions of players daily into exciting living worlds for extraordinary adventures.
The Content Marketing Manager will help shape content marketing strategies and will help bring those strategies to reality. They will also tactically contribute to content marketing activities. They will also provide support for releases by helping to plan content marketing activities and follow-through on executing on those plans. They will support the studio from a communications perspective, maintaining active awareness of player sentiment, providing player feedback to the team, and supporting communications strategy via a variety of communications channels. The person in this role will be comfortable on-camera and will support content marketing engagement and goals via livestream programming.
- Help drive content marketing strategy for the studio and multiple products across social media channels.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to manage content marketing projects (such as, but not limited to: events, videos, social media campaigns, influencer program, and livestream events) through the entire project creation, planning, development, review, and execution process.
- Collaborate with cross-discipline feature teams to manage marketing projects.
- Help develop creative, innovative, and compelling messaging as part of content marketing activities.
- Coordinate within the Communications Team and the Marketing Team to drive engagement that is relevant to game update releases and studio activities.
- Manage studio and product social media channels.
- Engage with fans on social media channels on a daily basis by providing content, conversation, and information.
- Monitor key social media channels, maintaining awareness of community sentiment and customer feedback, and reporting to internal teams as-needed.
- Report on social media activity, engagement, growth, and other statistics as requested.
- Monitor the social media landscape to keep brand pages up-to-date on best practices and engagement, including technical tools and best practices.
- Support communications and content marketing initiatives via on-camera engagement on livestream programming.
- Work with game developers to plan livestream show content and host livestream shows.
- Work with external partners and agencies on content marketing projects, such as contests, collaborations, and other promotions.
- Help the team manage and moderate the forums, including writing and publishing messaging.
A successful performer in this role will:
- Be a German native speaker and fluent in English
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in both German and English
- Be passionate about customer engagement through the creation of compelling content
- Have a strong understanding of the brand and is able to create content that is consistent with brand standards
- Be proactive in learning new skills and adapting to challenges
- Work collaboratively both within and outside the Content Marketing Team
- Make effective and sound communications decisions based on a clear understanding of broader business implications
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and projects, and is able to switch focus and priorities to meet demands of business and content marketing goals
- Be able to think creatively to come up with innovative approaches and solutions to potential challenges
- Approach challenges with interest and a positive outlook
- Take a thoughtful and compassionate approach to interaction with both customers and other studio employees
- Have a team-focused mindset and investment in helping teammates and co-workers succeed
- Have a strong interest in fan communities, and fandom subcultures
- Have a solid understanding of MMO game culture and communities
- Have an in-depth understanding of games, gamers, and online communities
- Superb attention to detail with excellent organizational, project management and coordination skills
- Expert understanding of major social media networks, communities, practices, culture, and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision
- The flexibility and drive to meet long term deadlines while still taking care of unexpected high priority issues as they come up
- Able to operate in a professional manner on public communications channels, whatever the current community sentiment
- Strong ability to work cooperatively
- 5+ years' experience working in community management, content marketing, or social media management roles
- 3+ years' experience working in a professional game development or publishing environment, preferably working on service-based games
Please note that only applications made in English will be considered and must be accompanied by a letter of motivation as well as a current CV. Please also state salary expectations.
As a matter of courtesy we look to respond to all applications within five working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not been contacted within five working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCSOFT
This is a full time, on-site position at our offices in London, England. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT West a great place to work.